Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Camera not working on first update or any update

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
REB1149
Apprentice
Apprentice

Why is netgear arlo already offering a new wireless camera , when 80% of the community can't use the systems they have . With the help of the community , i can get my cameras to work , only to lose them on the first update , or lack of any updates . We need modern software to run the systems we have . PLEASE

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We can understand your frustration but 80% isn't even close. If you count the millions of Arlo users and compare them to all of those who have posted here with problems, the number is really pretty small. It sucks when the problems are affecting you but that doesn't make the count astronomical.

Any particular system may be inappropriate for any particualr installation. What is wrong varies from installation to installation. Sometimes it's bad hardware which requires a case with support to invoke your warranty, sometimes it's a lack of understanding of how to best locate the various devices for best operation, sometimes the environment, including the house construction, contents, other devices, etc., conspire to cause issues which may be surmountable or not.

Since this is a new thread, take your time and spell out the specific issues and what you've tried to overcome them. Tell us about the distance, home construction, other 2.4GHz wireless devices in the house, and any other details you can think of.

I won't say I haven't had issues but my systems have been working well for over 4 years now. Of course, that's in my environment.