Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Vaz
Star
Star
A question to the Arlo community, does anyone receive a low battery notification via email when batteries are running telling you it's time to change them.

Because what I have experienced is that the notification is being received to late after the batteries are already dead or not at all, furthermore I was told by Netgear support that we should receive an advance warning email notification prior to the batteries expiring.

I would like to know if anyone out there in the arlo community have been experiencing the above issues.
11 REPLIES 11
CaptainDork
Apprentice
Apprentice

Apparently, they took that feature away (unbelievable, I know):

Here's the 411

Geoff
Luminary
Luminary

I am still receiving emails when batteries are low.

One such email was received after the updates.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are currently investigating an issue with the low battery e-mail notification being sent. The toggle is no longer part of the UI but the feature still remains.

JamesC

TheBigGExpress
Apprentice
Apprentice

This must be repaired immediately.

Our security is completely compromised.

Vaz
Star
Star
I am pleased that users are bringing this issue to Arlo's & Netgear's attention but it needs to be made a priority, I said it before and I'm saying it again....these cameras are battery operated therefore totally reliant on a battery notification otherwise what's the point.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix was recently applied that has resolved the low battery e-mail notification issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing issues with receiving this alert e-mail.

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've been getting them since late last Saturday.

Meb4u
Aspirant
Aspirant
I get my messsges too late.normally at 6% power then it shuts off. Can they be reset to recive warnings at 25% just seems like it needs a small recalibration in the firmware
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I generally get notification as 12-15%.  How long do your batteries normally last?  Maybe there's an effect in play.

mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary
I never relieved an email. However battery symbol showed yellow for 2 weeks and then I changed them. Lasted 7-8 mos.
Geoff
Luminary
Luminary

One of my cameras batteries showed two bars yesterday.

Today it is showing one bar and has turned orange.

I can't believe how quick it went from two to one.

I can report that I received an email notification of low battery as well today.