Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
TonyBridget
Follower
Follower

We have the Arlo wireless camera security system but have a camera that keeps showing on the live and recording all in red. We’ve removed batteries and replaced, no fabric over or anything to cause discoloration. help please..

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

dekat12
Star
Star

I have the same constant issue with one of my cameras. I contacted customer support and they said it was the batteries and I should not be using Energizer, only Tenergy batteries. They agreed to send me new batteries, proceeded to charge me for them without consent, and sent Panasonic batteries after they claim that we should only be using Tenergy's.

They said if the camera was an issue it's expensive to replace. So not only do they charge you for replacement batteries without consent, they will charge you for a new camera also probably without consent. They DO NOT stand behind their products.

Done with Arlo, will be switching out to Ring. They support their products and work with their customers

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @dekat12

Do you have a case number I can reference & review regarding this customer support experience.

dekat12
Star
Star

No, I'm done with these cameras and have ordered Ring

dermscience
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same issue with one of my cameras.  The source of the problem is a red filter that should only be in front of the lens during IR night vision, not during daylight imaging.  This red filter is basically stuck in front of the cameral 24/7.  I read a solution on this forum that simply tapping the camera on your leg could fix the red tint image problem.  So I tried gently tapping it on my leg.  I did this while I was in live streaming mode so I could see what was going on.  I started tapping harder and then changing the orientation of the camera as I tapped.  Then when I was tapping it on my knee to give it a more harder surface and with the camera upside down, the image started to change.  A split image with a normal daylight image could be seen in the upper quarter of the image with the bottom 3/4 of the image still red.  Clearly, the red filter was moving.  I tapped harder and got more and more of the white light image to appear with less and less of the red image but could not get to 100%.  Finally, I just tapped the camera in an upside down position on a table and it completely solved the problem.  So try gently tapping your camera upside down (top of camera hits table) on a hard surface and monitor the image in live stream mode.  The camera is  pretty durable so don't be shy in how hard you tap.   I now have my camera back up on its magnet and will see if this fix will last or will come back.