Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 24 Replies
  • 15 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
Lile08
Tutor
Tutor

24 REPLIES 24
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lile08,

Can you provide more detail? Do you mean the camera is Arming (changing mode) or the state is changing from "off to on" within the privacy mode (in camera settings)?

JamesC

Lile08
Tutor
Tutor

The light comes on like someone is watching live then goes off it's only 2 lol that have access and that's me and my wife but when I go to the app to see if the video has been updated with the recent viewing it's only shows when I actually went live so I was curious to see if anyone else has experience that?

Brian0613
Guide
Guide

This exact thing happened to me tonight. I changed the password to make sure I was not hacked. The IR lights came on the camera while the camera was disarmed. It gave the appearance that someone was watching in live mode. No one with the password was watching. The recording did not show up on my account either. Very creepy!

heatherfoyou
Initiate
Initiate

Yes same thing is happening to me and it’s creeping me out. Arlo needs to explain this asap

eyeinsky1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also having this issue with one of my cameras.

Bumping for visibility.

Why is this happening?

SinCA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had the same thing happen. Once yesterday with one camera and then tonight with another camera. I walked by and could hear it click it on, yet cameras are disarmed and no recordings are showing up in the log. 

Very eerie and concerning. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any optional subscriptions?

SinCA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the elite plan as I have a lot of cameras. Was that what you were asking?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yeah, just wondering if you're using Smart with zones.

SinCA
Aspirant
Aspirant
Am using smart, but no defined zones. And everything except for the camera by my front door is disarmed. One camera in my kitchen just did it again. I could hear it click as I walked by. Only seems limited to two of my cameras. The others haven’t done it...at least not yet.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not sure it will help bu try removing one of those cameras from Smart and see if you have the same issue.

BK6114
Tutor
Tutor
This just happened as I was putting my child to sleep! Very creepy and concerned that someone was watching. No one with the password was watching. Does anyone think Arlo has been hacked or a malfunction?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Highly unlikely you've been hacked (few of us are that important to make it worthwhile). Change your password if concerned.

Are the cameras using Smart? I wonder if that's the issue. If so, try removing it from Smart to see if there's a difference.

Lile08
Tutor
Tutor
Naw I have the basic plan
BK6114
Tutor
Tutor
No we are using the Arlo Q. We don’t have any smart cameras.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure if that's a snarky comment or not. If not, the Q cameras are capable of using Smart.

BK6114
Tutor
Tutor
Thought you were talking about the new cameras. We don’t use the smart capabilities. Have unplugged. Reset. And now once it was been “viewed” it won’t turn off. From being “live”
Jthawks
Tutor
Tutor
I noticed my cameras turning on and off by themselves. Is there an update on why cameras are randomly turning on and off?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What do you mean by this? How are you determining that they're turning on and off by themselves? Are you getting videos/alerts?

Jthawks
Tutor
Tutor
For example, I was sitting on the couch and I heard the camera click, and when I looked, the red light was on. This is the same operation that happens when I access the Arlo app and hit the Live button. It did not refresh the camera’s last image in the Arlo app though, so I don’t know whether it is actually transmitting video. Based on this thread, I’m not the only one experiencing this and was hoping Arlo Support would chime in.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the camera plugged in? I'm not sure but that could lead to the cause. Make sure your mode is correctly set. Restart the base, too, just to be sure.

Jthawks
Tutor
Tutor
It is not plugged in and the mode was unarmed. I restarted it this morning and will post this weekend on whether or not the cameras continue to randomly turn on/off.
POOF
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same thing happened to me. No random subscriptions and Im the only one who should know how to access my cams. The app does not show any recordings. But it would be nice to hear that the LED light just does this randomly and the camera itself is not turning on. Im not a tech genius so to me it seems possible for someone to view through the camera without the app showing it, am i wrong?
busgraab
Initiate
Initiate
I Also got THE same problem since 6-8 month. The ir lamps sometimes just turn on with a "click". Nothing recorded in THE app. Feels like someone hacked me and watching me. I have changed , Still THE same.
Come on arlo, solve this, ord atleast give us an explanation.
Br Henrik from Sweden.