Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Set Recording Times (25 SEC) Are Inconsistent

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RDNH14
Tutor
Tutor

Im not sure exactly what model camera (the model just before the Pro came out) i own but here is my issue anyways.
I have my recording time set at 25 sec which it normally always does however there are times when it will only record for 5secs or so. So far today it has recorded for 25sec 3 times in a row. Then it recorded for 3sec then 25 sec and then 12 secs and back to 25 secs.
What could be causing this to happen? Im suspecting poor wifi connection but it seems to be a good signal.
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it just this one camera or do all do this? If just one, there may be a 2.4GHz wireless device between the camera and base interfering with the signal. Loss of signal for any reason will cause recordings to abort.

If you have multiple cameras, swap them around to see if the camera or location is the issue.

RDNH14
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the reply!

I only have one camera hooked up for now. Im susspecting an issue with the wifi signal. I just purchased a wifi extender to insure a good signal. Ill be hooking it up tonight. The distance from the base to the modem is right next to eachother but the actual camera is a bit of a distance (downstairs outside) Could that be the issue? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The distance as well as what's in/on the walls and floors inbetween the camera and base can be an issue.

Note that use of a WiFi extender won't help the signal between camera and base but can be used to position the base closer to the camera.

RDNH14
Tutor
Tutor

....Yea thats a very good point about the extender.. i should have known that...

thanks for your help!