Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
hproclean
Guide
Guide

My Arlo camera system is not recording to the library. I have contacted ARLO support to no avail. They tell me the server is down. I depend on this sytem to watch over a home, and it is useless if it doesn't record to a saved library. I even upgraded my plan thinking that it was my error for not having the paid plans. Still no deal. I removed the base station and reinstalled the cameras as several users have suggested and it still doesn't show the recordings. I created a test mode and only assigned one camera and tried that. Still no luck. Any thoughts?

32 REPLIES 32
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The server isn't down as far as I know and hasn't been for a long time. Are you sure you talked to Arlo support?

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Can you live view and manually record? Are the running men or new motion icon (ball and 3 lines) for each camera in the Devices tab black or gray? Gray means disarmed. What country are you in?

hproclean
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I can manually record and it will upload to the library. So this is a testament that the server is working right?. 

However, motion activated does not upload to the server. and Live streaming says a message:

"The media server has intentionally stopped streaming". this message also appears when a motion activation has occurred.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, any utility at all means the servers are working.

I've seen the "intentional" message a couple of times. It's always been at the end of my recording and the recording has been in the library. When in the process of recording do you see this? Is there a chance that you have a filter set in the library (the funnel icon is filled in, not empty)?

JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

Is it for all cams?

I have 2 cams, Pro 2s that will not record to the library or give me alerts. My pro 1's and one other Pro 2 will tho. very stranger

hproclean
Guide
Guide
No filters set. I've reset the base station again and re-added all the cameras. The cameras recognize the motion but nothing is recorded to the cloud. I can manually record each camera and those will automatically upload to the cloud.

I moved the base station away from any interference but this shouldn't matter as the manual records go to the cloud.

I'm at a loss. I have a 4 camera system that is a dud. I've contacted customer service several times. All calls go to India. Last call was for over an hour and they continue to repeat the same steps over and over.
hproclean
Guide
Guide
Yes all my cams will not record to the cloud. See my other posts for the steps I've taken. Any direction is appreciated. I'm so frustrated that at this point I'm more inclined to use the cameras for target practice!
DDarling007
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the exact same issue for a few weeks now.  I was under the assumption that the system was changing over.  I contacted tech support and they suggested I reset the system, but nothing.  I can activate the camera and see a live feed... but when motion is detected, I get the notifcation, but nothing is recorded.  It is stuck on the first day of the month.  Last month is was stuck on Jan. 1 and now Feb. 1.  I have had the system for a few years with the basic 7 day rolling cloud storage plan.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is there a chance that somehow your modes/rules for the cameras have "Do Nothing" selected and have notifications enabled?

hproclean
Guide
Guide
UPDATE:
Okay...I reset my base station again this time using a paperclip inserted into the reset as well as unplugging it. I also got rid of my cable provided router/modem and purchased a high speed netgear nighthawk router. Everything works now.
DDarling007
Tutor
Tutor

No, nothing changed.  I had been recording videos perfectly until recently.  I have had 5 cameras since 2015 and have the system perfected, which is why it is annoying that all of a sudden it stopped.  If I go on the browser and manually record something, it will work - but nothing automatic based on motion.  I manually recorded something today as a test.  The exterminator came out today after this test and I received notifications, but no video was recorded.  I attached a screenshot of the library.

DDarling007
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the info.  I will probably have to do that as well... shouldn't have to do that, though.

Mattocs
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issues with one of my two cameras. It just suddenly happened out of the blue. Nothing works to get this camera to automatically record. Manual recordings work fine, but the camera does not send notifications when there is activity in front of it.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Mattocs

What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far? I do not want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Mattocs
Aspirant
Aspirant
I went through everything suggested in this thread. I also went through all troubleshooting in a chat with support. My camera is apparently malfunctioning and is under warranty.
hproclean
Guide
Guide
I thought my camera was busted too... turned out that the cable company modem was to blame. I purchased a new one from Best Buy and all my cameras work perfectly now. Just a thought.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Mattocs

I would suggest contacting support and let them know you have been through all troubleshooting steps possible.

Mattocs
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a Nighthawk, not the cable company modem. Plus I have one other camera on the same system the works perfectly. Thanks though.
randywei
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Mattocs 

I seem to be having the same issue as you with my Arlo Pro 2 camera starting a day ago ( was fine for about 8 months prior).   Did you ever get this addressed?

I have 2 cameras and one works fine, but the other stopped detecting/recording video.  I tested out motion detection manually and it works, can record video manually.  I removed the battery, removed the camera from the app, added battery back in and re-synced, but still it won't detect motion & record.  Tried this multiple times.

I talked to customer support this morning and they suspect a faulty camera and my camera is in warranty.  After I get home they wanted to try a few more experiments before dispatching me a new camera.

DDarling007
Tutor
Tutor

I did a reboot of the entire system and that seemed to work.  But, right now I have one camera that won't cooperate.  I also have some unreliability when it comes to the geofencing... and the quality on the cloud recordings seems to be very pixelated now.  I have had the system since late 2015 and it has me thinking about an alternative rather than spending more money to upgrade everything.

randywei
Aspirant
Aspirant

@DDarling007 , I rebooted everything several times, but no improvement.  Only happening on one camera.

Mattocs
Aspirant
Aspirant
Went through all troubleshooting with support and I had to send mine back. Return process was very easy. I wish I knew what caused it. These cameras are great fun for watching our pets and the general comings and goings around the house.
Shrick
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi. My recordings of motion works fine, but, as soon as I add to activate the siren, the recordings are not saved to the library. If you look at the image attached, as soon as I choose 'Turn Alarm On', my recordings does not go to the library. Any advice maybe? Thanks.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Shrick

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

panda12345
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue. It has been like this for a few weeks now. I am convinced this was caused by a firmware update pushed out by netgear. My cameras repond during motion detection test, I can watch live and I can manually record; but motion detection and auto record will not work on one of my cameras. I’ve tried resetting everything. This works for a time and then it fails again after a few days. I am really annoyed because I live alone and travel a lot with work. I need these cameras to watch over my house. So many people have the same issue lately, it is clearly a central issue with netgear and yet they are doing nothing to address it.