Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
tcphoenix
Tutor
Tutor

I'm stuck on Firmware 1.2.16720. Arlo camera HW Version H7

I've been trying for several weeks to update this camera. I've talked to support, Turned if off and on, resynced it, switched batteries, let it try to update all night multiple nights and nothing. Sometimes it doesn't even sync with the base to tell me it needs a firmware update and that's with it sitting 2 inches from the base.

I was told by the support person that a I would get an email or update in a week and that was 3 weeks ago. I love the 2 cameras that work and I'm looking to get more cameras but I'm so ready to just switch to a new system because this camera I bought has been down for months and no one has a solution that works.

Help!

15 REPLIES 15
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Have you moved the position of that camera to elsewhere in the house?

tcphoenix
Tutor
Tutor

Yes. Right now it's 2 inches from the base station, it's also been in another room and outside.

Adewale
Luminary
Luminary

I have the exact same problem....

one of 4 cameras has refused to update to the latest firmware and when i removed it and tried to connect it to the base station again hoping that will force the base station to update the firmware on the camera to match the others, it has refused to reconnect to the base station and this has been going on for the last three weeks

so annoying

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Adewale, tcphoenix 

Have you tried to remove/reinsert the battery in the camera & reboot the base station?

tcphoenix
Tutor
Tutor
More times than I can count.
I've tried switching batteries.
I tried unplugging the station for a while to make sure it's fully drains then turning it back on.
I tried removing the camera from the station list and then adding it back on.
Etc etc
Adewale
Luminary
Luminary
@.ShayneS,
yep,been there done that

even reset the base station
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Adewale,

Is your camera power on? Is it showing a Blue LED when the battery or power cable is inserted?

Adewale
Luminary
Luminary

yes, i power the camera on every so often then press the sync button on the base station for 2 seconds before pressing the sync button on the camera for two seconds

the base station blinks green and the camera blinks blue steadily forever but doesn't connect to the base station. usually after about a minute of searching for the camera, the base station just moves on

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The 2 second press may be an issue - I press the base sync button for less than a second which works every time.

Jarancikpark
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same problem I have 4 working but my 5th will not update
Jarancikpark
Aspirant
Aspirant
And the most crazy thing is, that it still notifies me that the camera detected motion and it will not update
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jarancikpark

Have you tried to remove & re-sync the camera?

tcphoenix
Tutor
Tutor
Nothing worked so Arlo just replaced the camera finally. The new camera has been fine
Jarancikpark
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I just did it again for the 88th time lol
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jarancikpark

Due to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.