Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Battery Life Issue

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
oselim
Follower
Follower

It came to my attention that there's a battery life issue on a device hardware H7 and firmware 1.2.9901. I have replaced batteries and it took only a week before batteries are dead. And the replacement batteries are Duracell brand (and same model) as original batteries comes with Arlo box. In another location there are 4 camera running for about a month and as of today all 4 camera run out of battery.

I'm using Arlo in my office for 1 year. I never turn them off from app and under avarage motion activity conditions batteries lasts 4 months. However I have started to experience the same issue in my office. Now I'm testing Energizer and Varta brand batteries. And again I'm observing faster battery consumption from the app as it shows battery percentage.

As far as I know Arlo camera normally sleeps and only PIR sensor stays active to ensure longer battery life. Well, I think this could be a bug comes with an auto update. Anyone has the same issue?

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

some have mentioned it... contact Netgear thru support with a trouble ticket

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

oselim,

A new camera firmware is available (1.2.10342), Make sure your cameras are up to date on this new firmware and see if you still have the issue.

JamesC

Gardenut
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've contacted support regarding this issue.  I've had my cameras for 2 weeks, and have had NUMEROUS issues.  Each resolution was to remove / replace the batteries and resych them to the base.  That seems to work, but I shouldn't have to do this so often!  I had 19% life left on the batteries, and once I removed / replaced, it went to 85%.  I was also told the cameras could NOT be beyond 10 feet from the base, and it's normal to have a 5 second delay.  I'm quite frustrated as you can tell, but to address your issue, try removing the batteries weekly....I guess that's their solution.  😞

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gardenut,

Cameras can be placed more than 10 feet from the base station depending on the environment. Thick walls and other wifi devices can cause interference which could result in the cameras struggling to maintain their connection with the base station. This can cause battery drain. If you are experiencing this, you might try locating the base station closer to the cameras to ensure good signal strength.

JamesC