Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
David47B
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 5 cameras . The closest camera to the base station  drains quickly. All cameras set for motion detection, all use same brand battery. This camera drains in a few weeks and then goes off-line. When I replace with new batteries it comes on-line again. All other cameras work as they are supposed too. This camera was the last to be added to the system, it sat in its box for a number of months after purchase before being added.  Please advise.

13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure the firmware is up to date. Swap cameras around to verify that it's the camera or the location.

David47B
Aspirant
Aspirant

Firmware 1.3.314

When I remove batteries they test at 3 Volts. I put them back but still dont work. I then put in a fresh set of batteries and camera syncs and comes on line. If I then remove those batteries and replace with original it again goes off-line.

All batteries both ones from camera and fresh set test at 3 Volts.

David47B
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have moved locations and confirm firmware up to date.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The exact batteries and how you install them can make a difference. Some batteries are slightly larger in diameter and can get stuck down if pushed down during installation, causing them to not make contact with the door. Others are slightly smaller and don't get stuck. I suggest never pushing them into place - simply insert them in theri slots. Let the battery door do the pushing.

David47B
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is how I put them in. Only happens with this camera and with both Duracel and other batteries.

David47B
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think that the camera is causing the batteries to build up an internal resistance which would then cause a power drop (OHMS Law). Faulty camera ????

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The only ways to fix that are to swap at the store (sounds like you're well past that) or open a case with support here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

David47B
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not solved.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @David47B,

Have you reached out to our support team? If not, let me know and I can help create a case for you so our support team can help.

Billsled
Aspirant
Aspirant

If your cameras are near outlets, ditch the batteries and plug them into the wall.

You'll need access to a 3D printer to print new battery doors. My public library has one for public use.

David47B
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JessicaP, I would appreciate youe help as offered in your reply.

David47B
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please advise if you set up a case as I have not heard anything to date.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I escalated your case to our support team and they should be reaching out to you after they review your case. We appreciate your patience 🙂