Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jhzwtx
Aspirant
Aspirant

We recently found out that our Arlo camera batteries die extremely fast...  Have had 5 cameras connected to base stations,  and batteries usually last about 6 month.  Haven't move camera locations at all.  Now, a completely new set of camera only last 2-3 days.  Have tried re-setting the base. Didn't work... Any suggestions? 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That tends to imply that something near the base is interfering with the signal. Anything that uses a 2.4GHz signal (not just WiFi) can cause this. Check to see if something has been moved or placed near the base. You can try moving the base, too.

firecracker1173
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having this same issue with only one of my cameras. How does the base station reduce the life of the batteries?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Camera and base ping each other... if a bad signal to base, the camera tries more often and it can use more power doing so

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jhzwtx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have neither moved Arlo base location, nor moved anything close to base station.  

I suspect my system has outdated firmware... but not sure how to verify...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Compare what is installed in your devices' setting with what's posted in the Release Notes section here.