Arlo Base Station Disconnects Randomly

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jkenwright
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Smarthome just stops working for hours at a time.  I've checked all settings on the base and software and everkything is set correctly.  When the system is working, it works great.  I've checked to make sure the internet is working when the Arlo stops working and it's working perfectly for all of my other devices.  I have a very good internet provider and very fast connection (150MBPS).  I'm in a residential neighborhood and most of the time when the Arlo stops working, I'm at work.  So, it's not at night or weekends when internet would be overwhelmed.  It's done this for a long time and I'm so frustrated with it that I'm about to scrap the whole system and install a wired system with a dvr that will work "all the time". 

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

When it stops working, what are the LEDs showing on the base station?

jkenwright
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm really not sure....  But I do see the center light blinking yellow sometimes.  I just tested my internet speed from numerous test sites and it was always about 55Mbps down and 6 or 7 Mbps up.ARLO BASE.jpg

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Those are good speeds. If the internet light is amber sometimes, it means the base station has lost its connection with the Arlo servers. Have you tried power cycling the base station?

jkenwright
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes....  we have to power cycle it a lot. Helps sometimes and not other times. Just not reliable. Does it matter if the software is on more than one device?  I’ve got it loaded on my my cell and my wife’s iPad. Last night everything was set correctly and it was doing nothing. My wife simply set it to “Disable” for a minute or two and then set it back to “Enable” and it immediately started working. This morning, I walked out of my garage and went to the garbage can. Then got in my truck and backed out of driveway. Camera is aimed tight at me. Never picked any of that up. About an hour later my wife backed out of driveway and it recorded her. Go figure!!!!

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Have you got your motion sensitivity for that camera set at more than the stock standard 80%?