Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
dturner26
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo released 2 updates within the last 48 hours or so for the iPhone. Each time an update was installed, it created duplicate entries of all my devices. I tried just removing the duplicated entries but that renders the entire setup useless. I had to twice, completley uninstall all my devices, settings and app then reinstall and start from scratch. Will this be an ongoing issue to look forward to each time there is an update? Also, I have opened a ticket with support several days ago when this first happened. So far i have not received any response.

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dturner26,

This should not be an ongoing problem in the future. The engineering team is currently investigating the cause of this issue.

Did the steps you took above resolve the problem or do you still see duplicates?

JamesC

Chkpost
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue.  My camera's are all duplicated on the iphone app.  Even if I delete all the cameras they still show on the main 'devices' screen.  Note: it seems to work fine via the ipad....just the iphone is a problem for me.

All the duplicate and obviously non working camera views make it nearly impossible to use the iphone app.  Are there any work arounds until this is fixed ?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The only workaround is to use a browser.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is still being investigated by the engineering team. Please do not attempt to remove the duplicate cameras as this does not resolve the issue. Some users have reported having success by uninstalling the Arlo mobile app and downloading a fresh version from the app store. I will post an update when I have more information.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience,
JamesC

Chkpost
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re-installing the app on the iPhone corrected the duplicate cameras.  Thank you.

BobCon
Aspirant
Aspirant
I reinstalled the app on the iPhone and it corrected the duplicate cameras but only for a few days. Today all the cameras duplicated again as did the base. Anybody have any other ideas?