Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
dezi
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am trying to setup Geofencing for Arlo Pro 2.

The app in my phone works fine. However, when I am helping my wife's iPhone, her Arlo app doesn't have Geofencing option in Mode.

Finally, I find out that the Location Service Enable/Disable is not available under Arlo App settings?

I have done the following many times:

- uninstall/reinstall the app

- Make sure Privacy/Location Services ON.

- Make sure Privacy/LocationServices/System Services/Significant Locations ON

- Reboot iPhone

PS: At my iPhone I can set the Location Service to Always.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dezi
Apprentice
Apprentice

dezi wrote:

steve_t wrote:

Yup. Something wrong with her Access Rights. Drop Support an email and see if they can do something on their end. Maybe try to untick the box and save and force quit the app and then open the app again and tick the box and save to see if that does anything

Interesting, removed and re-invite my wife acount brings back the missing DELETE video function, but still not the Geofencing.

I have to rename my iPhone first.  Now I can save and enable the Geofencing.

Related Quote: 

"

This is likely an issue with special characters in your iphone's name. The default name generally contains an apostrophe (JamesC's Iphone). Change this to something without special characters (JamesCIphone) and try going through geofencing setup again.

JamesC

"

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
steve_t
Master Master
Master

If you log into your wife's iPhone Arlo app with your own credentials, can you see the Geofencing option?

dezi
Apprentice
Apprentice

steve_t wrote:

If you log into your wife's iPhone Arlo app with your own credentials, can you see the Geofencing option?

You are right, when I logged in to my wife's iPhone. The Geofencing option shows up. It also allows me to set Location Services as always.

But once I log out, and re-login using my wife's Alro again, everything goes back as it was. Geofencing option is not availble. 

How can I add the 2nd iPhone to Geofencing? I already added her account with Access right.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

At the bottom of the Grant Access page, have you ticked the box that allows her extended access like changing modes etc? If so, can she change modes from her phone or delete videos?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Oh, that's Allow Access Rights, which is what you said. But yeah, can she delete videos from her phone?

dezi
Apprentice
Apprentice

steve_t wrote:

Oh, that's Allow Access Rights, which is what you said. But yeah, can she delete videos from her phone?

Hmmm...She can not delete video. It looks like the Access Right is not granted 100%.

However, she can view Live with all the controls, e.g. Record/Snapshot/Brightness/Mic/Sound.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yup. Something wrong with her Access Rights. Drop Support an email and see if they can do something on their end. Maybe try to untick the box and save and force quit the app and then open the app again and tick the box and save to see if that does anything

dezi
Apprentice
Apprentice

steve_t wrote:

Interesting, removed and re-invite my wife acount brings back the missing DELETE video function, but still not the Geofencing.

dezi
Apprentice
Apprentice

dezi wrote:

steve_t wrote:

Related Quote: 

"

This is likely an issue with special characters in your iphone's name. The default name generally contains an apostrophe (JamesC's Iphone). Change this to something without special characters (JamesCIphone) and try going through geofencing setup again.

JamesC

"

steve_t
Master Master
Master

That's weird but good to have a fix!!

dezi
Apprentice
Apprentice

dezi wrote:

dezi wrote:

steve_t wrote:

Related Quote: 

"

JamesC

"

I need to rename my wife's iPhone name too in order to work.
It look likes the Cloud service doesn't support the apostrophe.

Rlacostas
Aspirant
Aspirant

This worked flawlessly.

ColdBrew
Guide
Guide
Thanks for this information! Why is this information not in the websites support??? I would have never figured out we had to rename or phones!