Arlo App and Android 9 (Pie)

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Fork501
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is anyone else seeing issues with the Arlo App after upgrading to the latest Android version?

Here's what I've noticed:

1. When I first launch the app, it opens and disappears. If I wait about 5 seconds, it opens again, to the login screen as expected.

2. Notifications about activity on my camera(s) always comes up 3 times. So if I have movement once, I have three notifications.

3. For one of my cameras, if I have it playing and minimize (or back out of) the app, I have a notification that says, "[Camera name] is playing" and there's a pause icon next to it. If I tap on the notification, our the pause button, nothing happens. If I long press on it, my screen turns off, as though I hit the power button. When I hit my power button, to wake the screen, the notification is gone. This is only with one camera. I have two linked.

Thanks in advance!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fork501
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update: Came across a post where someone said to force stop, clear cache, then clear data.  Now the alerts are fixed, as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Fork501,

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Fork501
Aspirant
Aspirant

Shayne,

I'm still having an issue.  Apologies for taking so long to get back; when I went to repond, it was when the forums were being migrated, then I forgot to come back.

Here's an update on my issues:

1. The app disappearing when first being opened appears to have been fixed in one of the recent updates.

2. The notifications now show up 6 times, not 3.

3. The alert about the camera playing in the background, is no longer there; that seems to have also been resolved.

So as of right now, we're down to one issue, where the alerts for motion will appear 6 times every time it gets triggered.

Fork501
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update: Came across a post where someone said to force stop, clear cache, then clear data.  Now the alerts are fixed, as well.