Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Base Station Is Not Connecting To The Internet

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Brdn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi - I am setting up my new security camera system and i am receiving an authentication error when trying to log the base station to the internet.  My tablet can locate the base station and finds the serial number,  but after I name the base station, it doesnt locate the base station.  I went to wifi in my settings on my tablet and the base station indicates  an authentication error and requires a password?  Can you help? 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You only use the app or website to add the base to your account. You can't log into the base so claim the base using the app. You must have the the base connected via the Ethernet cable to your router and your device (phone/computer) must be on your home network to do the setup.

If that's not working, tell us what the base LEDs are showing, what you've tried in detail, what you see.

Brdn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply jguerdat.  I have the authentication error fixed on the base station, but I still cant connect to the internet.  I have the ethernet cable connected to the my home modem, and I followed all the steps very closely.  When I begin the installation instructions,  it finds the base station.  When I try to name the base station and hit continue, it tells me it cant find the base and to recheck connections, and it also displays a box that says that arlo is currently not available and to try again later.  I have been trying this for 2 days.  I have even reset the system twice.  The top two lights on the base station are green (power and internet). The bottom light is (cameras) is amber.  Thanks for any further assistance you can provide.  Brdn

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There are other similar reports but I don't know of a resolution. When you reset, did you hold the reset button until the LEDs flashed amber? Is there anything in Settings, My Devices? If so, remove it/them before trying again.