Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
ArloHuluDisney
Follower
Follower

Arlo App is not working on Iphone

Already have most recent update on Iphone 12 

Deleted and Reinstalled Arlo App 

When I go to App it only shows the House with the circle and does not have a Log In or Create Account Option.

71 REPLIES 71
Baza1
Tutor
Tutor

I too have the same problem. It started yesterday. Can open on my iPad but not iPhone. Just blue screen with the house. Any help would be appreciated 

Ptah3145
Tutor
Tutor

Mine stopped working today!!! Tried update,deleted app & reset the base. No luck. Works on IPad but not iPhone.

Baza1
Tutor
Tutor

I contacted Arlo they advised they are aware of problem. It’s from their update. Mine has now started working about 2 hrs ago. 

hope you get yours up and running 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you provide a screenshot of the error message/login screen? 

Baza1
Tutor
Tutor

Telephone call

Ptah3145
Tutor
Tutor

Here’s the screenshot 

298417DF-16D8-4F2A-963F-4B2BF165D759.png

CB69
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue - I cannot access the Arlo Secure app. All it says is “unknown error”. This is BS - my cameras are now effectively useless without being able to access the app. And your support center won’t help as I am not on a subscription plan. When will this be fixed!? 

E468E6FE-050A-485D-9B41-FA3F89747B7E.png

Dualey
Tutor
Tutor

Sign in on the web version, and change the two step verification to email address, the SMS option is not working. I solved this bug on this way to can use on my Iphone. I hope thats works for you

Dualey
Tutor
Tutor

Sign in on the web version, and change the two step verification to email address, the SMS option is not working. I solved this bug on this way to can use on my Iphone. I hope thats works for you

CB69
Aspirant
Aspirant

It worked, amazing! That’s a ton! 

Ptah3145
Tutor
Tutor

CB69 had a different problem than I have. They had Triangle,I have House in circle in center of blank dark blue screen 

Dualey
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I had the same problem that you, and I solved changing the two step verification to email on my profile from my computer.

Rasp
Aspirant
Aspirant

IMG_9557.png

IMG_9556.png

NicoleJ
Star
Star

Having the same issue today. No error, the app won’t load. I’m ios 16.4 on iPhone 14. Deleted the Arlo app and redownloaded with no luck. 

IMG_8084.png

Dualey
Tutor
Tutor

Sign in on the web version on your computer,  change the two step verification to email address, the SMS option is not working. I solved this bug on this way to can use on my Iphone. I hope thats works for you

NicoleJ
Star
Star

Unfortunately this did not work for me. The app just launches with the same screen and never prompts me to log on. 

Ptah3145
Tutor
Tutor

I too had this problem & had to log in to account on a different device. I used an iPad. Then I could change my preferences. Now works again on my iPhone.

NicoleJ
Star
Star

I tried logging on from my iPad and acceding the cameras from there but it did not do anything (i assume it’s trying to interface with the app like my phone does but i don’t have the app on my iPad). I was able to change the 2 factor auth from SMS to email but the app is still just stuck in the launch screen. I will try to log on later on my computer like others have suggested but I’m. It sure that will fix anything since the issue seems to be with the app. 

Sparrow32
Initiate
Initiate

What exactly did you change your preferences to to allow the iPhone app to start working again? Mine has not been working for around a week.

The support team have so far told me to follow these steps (which haven’t worked for me):

1) Go to iPhone Settings > General > iPhone Storage 

2) Use search button in top right to find Arlo Secure

3) Press Offload App first

4) Press Delete App

5) Reinstall app

I think the problem is that when you re-download an app from the App Store it shows an iCloud icon instead of ‘Get’ so it’s re-downloading all the data it previously contained, rather than completely rebooting the app from scratch.. but what do I know, I’m not an app developer! 

NicoleJ
Star
Star

Swipe up the app to close it. Put your phone in airplane mode (and turn off wifi if you’re somewhere where you are using wifi instead of cellular data) and launch the app. Take the airplane mode off and put wifi back on and you should be able to log in.

Sparrow32
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you NicoleJ, that actually worked!! 

NicoleJ
Star
Star

Wouldn’t it be nice if the Arlo stupor could have given you that answer or acknowledged the issue? I posted this issue last Wed with no response from Arlo until days later (and still no response) and a community member answered my issue. 

galexch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Worked for me too.  Thanks!

DaveHumphries
Aspirant
Aspirant

This issue has done my head in for 3 days. So did trying to get help from the Arlo support 🤦‍♂️. I can't believe this actially worked 🤩