Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
TKNT81
Apprentice
Apprentice

There seems to be a problem with the latest version of the Android Arlo app (v. 2.3.2)

I use the Arlo app on three different devices, two on Android (different phone brands) and one on Apple. When using Android app (v. 2.3.1) I had no issues. Everything worked perfect.

Yesterday I updated both Android apps to the latest version.
Now I have the following, very annoying problem, on both my Android phones, for info; the Apple App still works perfect.

When I open the Arlo app on one of my Android phones the app keeps saying “GETTING STATUS” and after a while “SYSTEM IS OFFLINE”. Well if I then open the Apple App, I see the status of the camera’s and base station so the system is not offline.
Occasionally when I open the Android app on one of my phones it immediately displays the status of the camera’s and the app operates like before. But most of the times the Android app keeps saying “GETTING STATUS”
Strangely, when I logout from the Android Arlo app, then restart the Android Arlo app and login again, the app immediately shows the status and operates like it should be.

Are more users facing this same problem?
I really think it is something with the latest Android app, because the Apple app has no issues and the old Android app (v 2.3.1) had no issues as well.
For info: The base station and cameras are online

41 REPLIES 41
Dinmi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Nope, not using finger print to log on.
TKNT81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi JamesC,

Do you have any news for me.

I am waiting for over a month to get a solution or fixed Android app update!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is a new Android app update available (2.4.0) for download through the Play Store. Please download the latest update and let me know if you still experience this issue.

JamesC

TKNT81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi JamesC,

Good news, the bug in the Arlo Android app has been solved, for me.

From what I read on the forum, the bug seems gone for everyone.

Thank you for the support.

Tonstar1
Luminary
Luminary
At last seems to be working 😁
fb5
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having a lot of hassle with the app.  It crashes at least 2-3 times per day and most times I have to either restart the phone or delete the app and reload it.  I still get notifications of movement on my phone but more often than not if I try to access the clip I cannot do so. At times the app seems to take over contropl of the phone and won't let me into any other app until I manage to shut the app down.  At times I can be checking a clip when the message "Arlo has stopped" appears.

When I was using an earlier version of Android it worked okay, not great but okay.  Now it is pretty much useless as getting a notification that the cameras have detected motion but not being able to access the system is pointless. Like some of the other posts it always works on the iOS app on my ipad.  UPDATE. I see others have reinstalled an old  version of the app and acheived some success. How do you find the old version as I can find only the latest version on the playstore?

wtdnielsen
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am also having a lot of trouble with the app. I need to force close it very often. I am considering to use the web site instead. The app should be rewritten from scratch
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

fb5, wtdnielsen

What model Android devices do you have and what version of Android are they running?

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
If you mean just trying to log in and see the Devices tab, this is an issue on Android that affects certain devices with certain OSes. Most don't have a problem but a few do. I have an open case on it and would suggest that you do so, also.
wtdnielsen
Aspirant
Aspirant
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Yup, that's the one. You don't always have to force close- try using the home or multitask softkeys, too.
BananaChipz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue as in the video from wtdnielsen on my Galaxy S8+ w/ Android 7.0. almost every time I launch it, I get that blank screen. Then I'll have to hit the home button a couple times at least. Very annoying.
JohnF-00
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same Arlo app Crash issues.

I am using a Galaxy S7, 

Almost every time I open the app, I get a blank screen.  When I hit the home sceen, the app will keep trying to re open.  causing the screen to flash.  Only way to stop it is to force the phone to restart.

Also some of the other issues I read about.  Like a very long wait time to change modes.  

I armed the system before leaving the house earlier today.  It armed, and I got alerts when a camera activated. 

But when I got home and went to disarm the system,  The app was showing that it was style trying to arm frome earlier.  

Had to reboot my phone again to reset the app.

Very Frustrating.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app is available for download from the Play Store. Please be sure to download and install the latest version: Release Notes

JamesC

Emilustre
Aspirant
Aspirant

The app seems takes a long time to allow change of mode. Getting Status message is displayed for more than 5 minutes and does not go anywhere.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Emilustre,

Consider a base station reboot using the on-off button. Allow the base station to come back online and try again. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

JudeLawless
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm hear to say that the problem seems definitely app related as clearing the cache and force stopping the app seems to allow it to get status again. This is quite annoying. I'm on a Nexus 6P and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app to no avail. I do have the fingerprint login enabled.