Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Escolar
Aspirant
Aspirant

All 4 of my cameras stopped recording 1 week ago. I tried to reboot system. My running men are all solid black. I can force a recording manually only. I checked all settings and modes that I am aware might affect the cameras and all looks ok and the same as the past

13 REPLIES 13
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Reboot the base via the POWER BUTTON

Go to MODES and use disarmed, then ARM  to make running men black...test.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Escolar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks but reboot did not work. I went to mode and there is no such terminology Disarm

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you go to the Mode tab and then click on your base?

Escolar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I pushed the button on the rear of the arlo base station and shut down unit. Then I pushed same button to turn on unit. After unit loaded I went into mode and there is nothing that says arm or disarm. ALL MOTION ON  is checked

Escolar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have to click on the base first before I can do anything on the arlo site

Escolar
Aspirant
Aspirant

My system is simply the ARLO 4 camera wireless not ARLO PRO, ARLO Q+ or ARLO PRO. Maybe by disarm you are refering to place it in ALL MOTION OFF?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I would strongly suggest NOT using old models like All Motion On and Off. Use the new default ones of Armed and Disarmed.
Escolar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Where do I get armed and disarmed from. Cameras are 6 months old and this is how the arlo site labels it

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Something is goofy about your setup. I would suggest a reset of the base, removing all devices in Settings, My Devices and then add the base back in using the Add Device button on the Devices tab. When that's done, sync your cameras. That will give you the default Armed and Disarmed modes.

Escolar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was just going to ask that. So i will remove my entire arlo system as if I never had one then install it as if it was new to me like I did the first time I bought it. Thanks will try.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Escolar,

Did removing/adding back your Arlo devices resolve the issue? Please let us know the results.

JamesC

Escolar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks but it did not work. Unplugged base, removed from router, shut off on/off button, removed base station from devices and reinstalled, tested all batteries and replaced what was slightly low and resynced all 4 cameras. Don't understand why this suddenly occured. had little problems for many months prior.

Even the running men are sometimes grey or yellow or black.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Escolar,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC