Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AlanBer
Tutor
Tutor

Many, if not most, of the issues I have encountered are with the application. Please consider adding an application community here and a specialized team within technical support as their answers to issues are often not useful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AlanBer wrote:

The option to choose to arm/disarm on a schedule is present. The ability to use both a schedule and geofencing worked for a while, then stopped.

Not sure who told you it wasn't a feature.  The way to do this is to set the Geofencing "Home" mode to "Schedule" and the Geofencing "Away" mode to "Armed".

If it isn't working for you, then maybe review this:

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Is there an issue I can assist you with? 

AlanBer
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Shane. Thank you for your offer. I have several open cases for what I believe are application (or hub or Arlo server; I don't have visibility into system architecture) issues.

- 42960388 and 43072249 for the same geofencing issues

- 43071611 for geofencing armed/disarmed status-change audible-notification using wrong tone other than when hub or phone is rebooted

- 43072064 for getting audible alerts with no recordings

- 43072159 for branches and branch shadows triggering audible alert notifications and recordings despite cameras being set to send notifications only for people, animals, and vehicles

There are two other issues I am studying to be able to describe accurately.

There is one thing with which you can assist other than adding the application to the model lists in the community and technical support chat request. Is there a mechanism to suggest and discuss new functionality?

"As a home owner/occupant, I would like to use geofencing and schedule simultaneously to arm and disarm the system so that I have protection at night while I am at home (schedule) and while I am away from home (geofencing). I found out how to do this on a community board. It worked for a while, but went away sometime this year.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Can you provide more detail regarding the below statement. Is the option to chose schedule missing?  

"As a home owner/occupant, I would like to use geofencing and schedule simultaneously to arm and disarm the system so that I have protection at night while I am at home (schedule) and while I am away from home (geofencing). I found out how to do this on a community board. It worked for a while, but went away sometime this year."

AlanBer
Tutor
Tutor

The option to choose to arm/disarm on a schedule is present. The ability to use both a schedule and geofencing worked for a while, then stopped. The explanation given is that it is not a feature, thus the need for an application community to gain a broad consensus on the value of this function and a clear description of what is needed.

"As a home owner/occupant, I would like to use geofencing and schedule simultaneously to arm and disarm the system so that I have protection at night while I am at home (schedule) and while I am away from home (geofencing). I found out how to do this on a community board. It worked for a while, but went away sometime this year."

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AlanBer wrote:

The option to choose to arm/disarm on a schedule is present. The ability to use both a schedule and geofencing worked for a while, then stopped.

Not sure who told you it wasn't a feature.  The way to do this is to set the Geofencing "Home" mode to "Schedule" and the Geofencing "Away" mode to "Armed".

If it isn't working for you, then maybe review this:

AlanBer
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Stephen. Thank you for the pointer. I tried it and confirmed it works as intended.

That said, there remains a need for an application community board.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AlanBer wrote:

there remains a need for an application community board.

I agree.  It could cover iOS, Android, and the web client with various browsers.  There are a lot of folks posting here with application issues of various kinds - login issues, friend accounts, subscriptions, geofencing, scheduling, notifications, video playback, etc.

I'm tagging @JamesC to make sure he sees your suggestion.