Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

App update March 2018 FAIL! No live streaming

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
ExCopStig
Guide
Guide
Hi everyone
So my system has no had lots of issues since this pointless update! Arlo admitted they have had issues with the update. After if seemed to all come good one evening; I am still left with live streaming not working on my iPhone 6 and position mode doesn't work either!..... I've restarted, resynced. Everything was fine before updating the app and Arlo changing things their end...???
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is a new version of the iOS Arlo Mobile app available in the app store.  Please make sure your Arlo Mobile app is updated to the latest version and let us know if you continue to experience any issues.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.4.8 - 30th March 2018

JamesC

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ExCopStig,

Make sure your iOS device is up to date with the latest available version of iOS and try again. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

iSage
Luminary
Luminary

The ARLO iOS version app specifically states in the iOS App Store:

"Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch"

I'm running iOS version 10.3.3 on my iPad and lost Live Streaming when I updated to app version 2.4.7...

I have a friend who indeed HAS the latest version of iOS 11.2.6, YET, just like me, she lost her Live Streaming as soon as she updated her brand new iPhone 8 with iOS 11.2.6 . She HAS the LATEST updated version of the iOS and still cannot stream live!!

There are many here who have lost their Live Stream with iOS version 11.x and lower.  And there are many who have older devices who are not able to update their iOS any longer because their devices do not support it.  And they shouldn't have to, since the app is desgined for iOS 9.0 and higher!!

The latest  iOS app 2.4.7 is the problem, pure and simple!.

It's the APP that needs to be fixed and updated by Netgear, NOT us consumers who are being told to update their iOS, especially when that isn't the total resolution for everyone!! What are you going to tell my friend who HAS the LATEST iOS version and still can NOT stream live????

It's now 11 days for me since I was able to Live Stream on my iPad since installing that "broken" update 2.4.7.

~Susan

ExCopStig
Guide
Guide
Completely agree! Well said. I am running iOS 9.3.5
However that is irrelevant it was working perfectly fine before the app update was released. I have an iPad 3 and my wife's iPhone 6 running the same which has also stopped streaming.
ExCopStig
Guide
Guide
In addition my iPad 3 was running an old iOS version 7 I think, I downloaded the Arlo app (App Store prompted to download an old version of the app) that worked fine, even after this update was released! I have since updated my iPad to iOS version 9 and the new updated Arlo app and guess what.... No streaming! Not impressed!
paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same issue. Live streaming not consistent following last app update.

50% of time acts like streaming but stuck on prior image.

Using iOS devices. Same symptom on all devices. Problem definitely caused by last app update.

Solution???????
Tucker53
Aspirant
Aspirant

streming to my iphone sucks soince the march 7th app update. no steming, no udate, no zoom...

But works great on ipad that was not up dated need help NOW, THIS SUCKS!!!

GeckospotNixie
Guide
Guide

I will jump on the band wagon same thing here!

iPhone App no live streaming.

I'm a bit slow I only look at it about ones a month and it was just fine last month!

So I download the Android app and it is working. (On an Android tablet)

Has Netgear comment to anyone?

Is Netgear working on this?

Kent_1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Since the update i only get the message that the unit is offline.I have an IPhone 6 S.Someone who know how to fix this?
TDPAOL
Aspirant
Aspirant

No answers but it seems like Netgear isn't fixing the problem soon!!!  It's time they either fix the problem of return the moneys spent to purchase a system that works.  My question is why not revert back to the app that worked for now until they resolve the issue.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is a new version of the iOS Arlo Mobile app available in the app store.  Please make sure your Arlo Mobile app is updated to the latest version and let us know if you continue to experience any issues.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.4.8 - 30th March 2018

JamesC

GeckospotNixie
Guide
Guide

Tested and it works Thanks.

iPhone 7 iOS 10.3.3