Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
randamw
Aspirant
Aspirant
The Arlo app is telling me an app update is required, but when I click through to the app updates page, it indicates there is not a newer app available.
Running: iOS 10.0.2,
Should be Arlo 2.2.0, but since it keeps redirecting me away from the app, I cannot verify
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
randamw
Aspirant
Aspirant

The iOS app finally showed a new update and downloaded, now it is working. I'm guessing the backend database was modified for the new update, but the update wasn't globally available when they requested it not respond to the prior version. But that's just my guess from other IT experiences. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Rocket_1580
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recived the same message for about an hour. I tired again, and finally an update to the iOS Arlo application was avalaible from the app store.

Try again, I'm betting the app is avalaible for update now.

FYI- I'm on iOS 10 also.

arlouser3
Guide
Guide

I think the update broke my app; the library no longer shows clips, although I can see them through the website. So you're probably better off not upgrading to 2.2.0.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried reinstalling the app?

arlouser3
Guide
Guide

Yes.  It still shows proper clips in the library for 10/8/16 but they become the unselectable placeholders beginning on 10/11/16.  (Unfortunately, I didn't make any clips on 10/9 or 10/10, so I can't pinpoint exactly which day this began for me.)

arlouser3
Guide
Guide

Another user, also using the updated app on an iPhone and triggering the camera through SmartThings, reports this identical issue here:  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Features/Arlo-APP-does-not-show-any-Videos-in-the-library-IOS/m-p/1...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case using the Contact Support link at the bottom of these pages.

Oasisvillage
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had the same problem, but once I got to sync with my broadband it then allowed the update.
It won't work on your phone data alone
randamw
Aspirant
Aspirant

The iOS app finally showed a new update and downloaded, now it is working. I'm guessing the backend database was modified for the new update, but the update wasn't globally available when they requested it not respond to the prior version. But that's just my guess from other IT experiences.