Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
WileE
Star
Star

I have not been able to start my app for 2 days. sent service request in but no response outside of automated email. Have uninstalled and reloaded but same problem continues. Is this a common problem ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WileE
Star
Star
Thank you,
I only had issue with android app. Was able to log in through web page.

Found update for app last evening and it seems to have worked for me. I do see that others are still experiencing problems.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

WileE,

What are you experiencing when you say you have no been able to start your app? Do you see an error message?

Are you able to log in at my.arlo.com using a web client on a different device such as a PC?

JamesC

trakster55
Guide
Guide

Since the launch of the Arlo app for Androids, version 2.11, the app is in an infinite loop when it starts.  The user gets the opening splash screen and then it shuts down and tries again and again and again. 

There is a long thread this thread.  The workaround is to install version 2.10 but one needs to find it first.

Also, since the automatic updates to my base station on that same day, I cannot view live video on my computer.  Though I can view live video with the Arlo v2.10 app. 

Is there a way to revert back to the previous versions?  It would be nice if Arlo provides a link to the previous versions so customers can have a capability to determine if an issue is with the new version or their hardware.

Regards.

WileE
Star
Star

Woul not Arlo be working on a proper fix?

WileE
Star
Star

the updated app just loops on launch...  last version ran fine until it was updated

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating this issue. I will provide an update when I have more information.

JamesC

Michael47
Aspirant
Aspirant

i just recently brought my cameras and i am having problems connecting to the internet is there a certain amount of internet u need to have because it keep saying cant find a device i installed & uninstall the app still having the same problems can someone help 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Michael47 wrote:

i just recently brought my cameras and i am having problems connecting to the internet is there a certain amount of internet u need to have because it keep saying cant find a device i installed & uninstall the app still having the same problems can someone help 

You can try using support ( https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx ).

The cameras do need internet to function - the upload speed depends on the model. The older cameras need 1 mbps per camera.   The new Pro-3 and Ultra have more resolution, and needs 2 mbps and 3 mbps respectively.  But that bandwidth is needed for recording - just finding the cameras should work with less bandwidth.

What mobile device are you using for the app (Android or iPhone)?  Also what version of Android or iOS are you using?

WileE
Star
Star
Thank you,
I only had issue with android app. Was able to log in through web page.

Found update for app last evening and it seems to have worked for me. I do see that others are still experiencing problems.