Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Tobypatch
Luminary
Luminary

After an update last night arlo app on my s5 cell phone will not load. It tries to but flashes off and on over and over. App will still open on the same phone with the legacy mode. I've uninstalled and reinstalled repeatedly.

87 REPLIES 87
kimbel_55
Tutor
Tutor

Hello ArloAlex, I have the same issue, when I open the Arlo app I get the Arlo white screen trying to load, then it blips away instantly, I have reinstalled the app and updated the software of my HTC one M9 and it still has the same issue.  It just started happening on 11/21/19 prior to that it worked as it should. What can we do to resolve... thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have the Android ap loaded on 3 devices with no problems like this. STart by rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app. Also, does it matter if you're on cell service or WiFi?

SHDendy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having same issue as others on my android phone (SSG6, Version 7). Still receive notifications on phone, but unable to log in. Arlo logo screen flashes then screen goes blank over and over. And when I stop it, the app tries to open again until an error appears stating that the app is not responding.

I've tried uninstalling/installing the app several times but no change. Desktop access works fine, but I desperately need phone access for caregiving purposes. I reach out to customer support last night and am awaiting a response.

Thank you

Tobypatch
Luminary
Luminary
Thank you for reaching out to them. Please let me know if or when you hear back. I'm so sorry to hear about how people are watching after the elderly and family pets! Just breaks my heart! Arlo owners you need to do better then this for your customers! I've been with you right from the start and when things go right I love my arlo but when things like this happens I try very hard to be understanding as I'm sure other's do the same! Please fix this for all of us !
MalcolmThompson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Similar not loading of Nov 20th app update, Legacy app still working ok.

Samsung Tab S2 on Android.

Tenasee
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have had this issue for 2 days. I have a Samsung Note phone. I have uninstalled and reinstalled app 3 times, also shut down phone and restarted as many times. My husband's IPhone is working fine. I got a notice from one camera last night but couldn't look at it.
kimbel_55
Tutor
Tutor

Android 7.0 HTC One M9

MardaG417
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did both of those things. Didn't help.
flernglernsberg
Initiate
Initiate

Same thing started to happen to my phone yesterday, 11/21. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 phone, 7.0 version.

I've tried turning my phone off and on and uninstalling and reinstalling app. Screen keeps going blank and refreshing itself.

Tobypatch
Luminary
Luminary
Hi maybe you can do like I did and go to Google play store and re download arlo legacy. That's what I had to do and it's working so far. Hope that helps till they sort this out.
GAT2112
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo APP keeps crashing on my Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900A Android phone as of today. I have the Arlo Pro, and Pro 2 Cameras. Anyway the Legacy Arlo App seems to be working. PLEASE DO NO RETIRE THE LEGACY APP UNTIL THIS ISSUE IS RESOLVED!

GAT2112
Tutor
Tutor

Anyway, is there any recommendations on resolving this issue? I already uninstalled, and re-installed the New APP twice, enabled all permissions, and cycled the power on the phone. The only fix for me was to re install the Legacy APP.

Millie706
Star
Star

Arlo, I think it's time we started seeing other people.  I know this is where I say, 'it's not you, it's me' but  yes it IS you.  It's not our phones.  It's your 'upgraded' app.  When you get your app straightened out, I may see you again but for now I will be exploring other options.  

NZHank
Initiate
Initiate
My phone is a Huawei P9 OS is Android 7.0. Same problem as everyone else with the App not opening and crashing and then trying to reopen and crashing again.
WileE
Star
Star

i feel your pain. i use my system to monitor my elderly mother  and pet so i NEED the access. i do not always have access to a PC for logging in. i also worry that adobe flash is being phased out and even less access on PCs in the next few months

91ford
Tutor
Tutor

Hi There.

Yesterday I cant access my system via the cellphone app on 2 x cellphones. The app seems to have suddenly crashed as when you ty to open it on the 2 phones the app just flashes like it trying to re-start and just wont load.

have tried 3 times to uninstall and re install but is just doing the same thing?

Can anyone help please

Jeff3113
Apprentice
Apprentice

This situation came completely out of no where  on 11/21/19.  I can NO longer login to Arlo on my Andriod.

I have followed re-installing the Arlo app on my phone - 6x.   I have rebooted the base station, rebooted my phone countless times.  I have added the dual -authentication to my login.  Nothing works.

NOW, I am stuck in an endless loop on the phone. The ARLO splash screen appears and the it goes blank.  It re-appears and goes blank.  Nothing changed to my knowledge to cause this to happen suddenly.  My phone OS is current.  It was working fine up until 11/21/19.

I can login to Arlo OK on my PC.  My wife's Iphone Arlo works as usual.  

This is VERY frustrating.   Ideas that I haven't tried most helpful.

Jeff3113
Apprentice
Apprentice

same thing.  Posted note here.    Iphone works great.  Android keeps cycling on the splash screen.  

Did the Arlo folks do something bad in the latest upgrade???

Egotrip
Aspirant
Aspirant

For the past several days, I have been unable to log into my Android based Arlo App to view cameras.    The app constantly reboots to the beginning.   Yes, I have removed and reloaded the app 3 times now.   Still the same results.   Anyone have an idea of the root cause? 

larohman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having trouble with the app. I have it on my samsung phone, as of today it will not open. My husband can open his, I can open on laptap. It use to open but today it won't. I reset internet, reset phone, and dumped and reloaded app. It still will not open. Any suggestions??

Egotrip
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here.   Reboots constantly.    Took up the advice of a poster and uploaded the legacy version.   Works once again.   Arlo team needs to resolve this SW App bug.

Tobypatch
Luminary
Luminary
Hey you can do what I did and go to Google play store to the arlo app and email arlo support through the app that is not working and it will generate a case number for the company to look into this mess.
WileE
Star
Star
Update to App is available at the Google play store!!!!

Just located it and it was not there a few hours ago.
WileE
Star
Star
Google store has android update that is a fix! Just became available in last few hours.
Poppy2350
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm also getting the blinking white and log in page. I was logged in when it quit yesterday the 21st. Over the past 24 hours I've probably uninstalled and reinstalled and rebooted 2 dozen or more times. 

Mine is a SG6-Edge. Software says it's 'up-to-date' at version 7.0 (7:39 pm CST)

This is really irritating. My husbands is working on his SG6 (not the Edge) and the app is also working on my Kindle Fire HD tablet. 

p.s. Well, while I was typing, my husband updated his phone to version 7.0 and now his is blinking too. 

p.s.s. WileE Tutor -- I do not see what you're talking about in the Google store.