Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

Another forced FW updates 1.12.2.3_2762 last night on us, anyone encounter issue yet?

12 REPLIES 12
mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yup got the update, same horrible jerky & pixelated video. And no information from Arlo what the update was supposed to do.

This company is in the crapper, time to run.

dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

I just talked to Arlo support. They have no idea about this firmware update:

This is their response to this.

"We still do not have any information with regards to that update to the base station, so I am unable to answer that question at the moment. Kindly try observing this and check for any new features included in the update"

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

So we are to assume someone hacked Arlo's system and deployed an unknown firmware so that our videos are now being viewed by hackers?

dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

You equipment is like opening the front door of your house, letting the burglars come in as they please.

They can come in and out as they wish.

I'm not surprised that this will also allow hackers to enter your hosue as well.

jjlove
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes Our cameras are inoperable and I get an error

message  says update available 1.12.2.2_2754 , I click the green arrow

then it says Notes VMB4000 basestation 1.12.2.3_2762.....

Someone mentioned "turn auto update FW on"

But I don't actually have that option in my settings page.

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

@jjlove I ended up using the physical power button on my base station to turn off, waiting 5-ish minutes, powered on and the update happened. I've been doing this for a while because no other way seems to work consistently. Give that a try and see if it works. The problem is that not everyone has physical access I know.

jjlove
Aspirant
Aspirant

A few minutes ago I unplugged the power cord to our base unit for about 1 minute and plugged it in. after it reconnected to the internet it seems to work fine. All cameras a GO!

mcmdavis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Over and over again - everytime it restarts after the "update" says it has to update again - my cameras are usless right now

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@mcmdavis

What device says it has to update again?

dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

@mcmdavis, I know it does not make any sense.

I hate to tell you this, with any Arlo products,  you need to do soft reset first to see if that works or not, if not, then you have to hard reset (push a small hole in the back for at least 10 seconds) to see if that works or not, if still not working, then you have to call the arlo support for help or RMA replacement.

Beware, by hard reset, you will lose everything , you have to start over again, add the base, resyne all cameras.

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

@mcmdavis Mine did the same until I power cycled it (unplug or use the power button). Restarting does nothing, it hasn't for several firmware updates now.

Just another bug oops "feature"

dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

Check your base firmware again, new firmware just came out last night, 1.12.2.4_2772 for VMB4000, it may apply the same for VMB3000 and VMB 3500.