Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Delayed Motion Notification

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ctm_paul
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve had our system now probably since March, and at first, the notifications for any motion detection was almost instant. Now in the last month or so, the motion detection seems like it’s delayed by 30 seconds to a minute at most. I’ve updated all and any firmware on the cameras and on the base station as well, even have done a restart on the station as well with little luck. I’m also running a custom mode, but have the same experience on both “armed” and my custom mode as well. Thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't mention if your alerts are pushes or emails ( and if you have altered them from one to another )

Reason is pushes are sent out when the trigger event occurs while emails are sent after the trigggered event file is created ( video done )... depending on how long you camera records for if emails,  it the record time plus the overhead to send

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Ctm_paul
Aspirant
Aspirant

@TomMac I Only set up for push notifications since they also get sent to my watch.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support