Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
JohnnyFRX
Luminary
Luminary

Running the Android ARLO App for my ARLO system without issues since Thanksgiving. All of the sudden, when I open a thumbnailed snapshot to view its video, it opens the first video of the day. EXAMPLE: If I choose a video that was shot at 3:35PM...it opens the video of me leaving for work this morning at 7. The functionality is correct via the arlo.netgear.com site, and on my wife's POS Apple Phone. (Sorry...had to get that little dig in there). It is only broken on my Android. I have cleared cache, uninstalled/reinstalled app, rebooted the phone, blah blah blah. Any ideas?

TIA!

JohnnyFRX

45 REPLIES 45
Stonecutters
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same problem with Galaxy 6s
JohnnyFRX
Luminary
Luminary

Good Morning...Yes I opened a ticket with them yesterday....27805513. In addition member 'CDF3' has been dealing with them directly.

CDF3
Tutor
Tutor
I thought the problem was resolved. I'm still having issues.
OUGrad05
Aspirant
Aspirant

We are having the same problem and it's driving us crazy because we've had some theft in our neighborhood from porches when people are gone.  We can't view anything beyond the first clip of the day except via laptop and that's not always feasible. 

OUGrad05
Aspirant
Aspirant

I should add we are also on android using Pixel, Pixel XL

JohnnyFRX
Luminary
Luminary

When you're in your library and that first video opens, if you swipe right above it in the 'white space', you can view other vids from that day in sequence. Is the only workaround for the moment. We have some Grinchy Thieving going on here too so I feel your pain on that!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In the meantime, using the library filter may be useful so you don't have to swipe a million times to get the the latest video.  Either click on the number in the camera on the Devices tab or use the filter icon (funnel-looking thing) in the library to select one camera to view.

Truffles
Aspirant
Aspirant
My android Note4 is doing the same thing. Videos were working fine for over a year and just starting having this issue in the last 2 days. Very annoying when there a lots of video to scroll thru. Laptop is ok, but phone is having the problem.
TomNJ
Initiate
Initiate
Nexus 6P. Arlo Android app 2.2.3. Same issue here. Annoying. In addition to constantly moving to the oldest video for the day, It the app also crashes when I try to scroll left to get to video I actually selected. Suspect the issue might be on the server side, because my App is from Nov. 16, and it was working properly two days ago.
Charlesknight
Guide
Guide

Same here on both Nexus 6p and a Nexus 5x - app currently worthless .

GingerTom
Initiate
Initiate
Another "Me too" post, app has been working brilliantly for over a year and is now doing as above posters have stated. It would be reassuring to have some feedback from the developers if nothing else.....
terrier412
Guide
Guide
Still not fixed. Unbelievable!
RudolfWerthen
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes. I did. Same problem as everyone. Since two days only first file of the day. No prob on computer. Only on Android. I hope they can solve quickly. Rudolf
GingerTom
Initiate
Initiate
My app has just updated, and the issue appears to be resolved. Might be worth a visit to the app store when you can guys...
JohnnyFRX
Luminary
Luminary

YESSS!!! Update did the trick. Broken version was 2.2.3_15049. Repaired version is currently 2.3.0_15491 on mine.

Amusjh
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'll be on the lookout for the update too! It has been driving me crazy!
JohnnyFRX
Luminary
Luminary

You can force it from your phone "Play Store", click the 3 lines next to the search GOOGLE PLAY, My apps & games. It should be sitting there waiting for you.

texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice
Looks like Netgear released an updated app today. Available in Google play store. I installed it, and it fixed the problem.
Amusjh
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yay! The update worked!!!
TomNJ
Initiate
Initiate
Yup. Just updated to Android app version 2.3.0. All is good and working fine.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved in the latest Android app version. For those experiencing this issue, please be sure to update your Android app to the latest version (2.3.0 as of 12/20/2016).

Please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue,

JamesC