Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
JohnnyFRX
Luminary
Luminary

Running the Android ARLO App for my ARLO system without issues since Thanksgiving. All of the sudden, when I open a thumbnailed snapshot to view its video, it opens the first video of the day. EXAMPLE: If I choose a video that was shot at 3:35PM...it opens the video of me leaving for work this morning at 7. The functionality is correct via the arlo.netgear.com site, and on my wife's POS Apple Phone. (Sorry...had to get that little dig in there). It is only broken on my Android. I have cleared cache, uninstalled/reinstalled app, rebooted the phone, blah blah blah. Any ideas?

TIA!

JohnnyFRX

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved in the latest Android app version. For those experiencing this issue, please be sure to update your Android app to the latest version (2.3.0 as of 12/20/2016).

Please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue,

JamesC

View solution in original post

45 REPLIES 45
Matt1234
Initiate
Initiate

Excelent explanation. I'm having the exact same issue since possibly yesterday 12-15-16. Android phone. Desktop seems to work. I did notice in the set up of the camera's recording rules that I can set a camera to Record until activity stops (up to 300sec). This appears to be a new feature added very very recently. It feels like this update coinsides with the start of the trouble I've been having with reviewing videos. I didn't notice an app update though. Was there a code change that added a new feature and also introduced a new video viewing bug?

Medialinx
Star
Star
I am having the same issue but haven't noticed that feature you talk about. How exactly do you find it in the app?
5camera-guy
Aspirant
Aspirant

5camera-guy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am also having this issue. I have had the system for more than a year without problems. I recently replaced my phone though to a moto z from a Samsung.
mornixuur
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ocurring to me also.  

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Same problem. I think it's the latest android app. Hopefully they fix it soon

JohnnyFRX
Luminary
Luminary

Wow...I would say that this should be escalated from an Incident to a Problem based on the amount of 'Happening to Me Too's' we're seeing here. I hope Netgear techies can hear us here!

JohnnyFRX
Luminary
Luminary

I emailed support referencing this thread. Figured it couldn't hurt.

Heinphoto
Aspirant
Aspirant

Adding another report of this behavior on two different android devices - a Galaxy S6 and an LG tablet.

texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice
Happening to me too on a Samsung Galaxy S7. Started yesterday.
terrier412
Guide
Guide
How long it this going to to take to get fixed?!
texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice
The android application version release date is 11/15, so I am not convinced it's the app. Leaning more toward something in their infrastructure.
tinsheep
Guide
Guide
Same problem here keeps playing the same video from earlier today I also got notifications that never made it to my library 😞 Samsung 7 Edge
CDF3
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the same issue.  I emailed the app developer, but have not received any type of response back. 

lostchild
Apprentice
Apprentice

I started a thread earlier this morning about this too:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Android-App-can-only-play-Library-Video-from-first-video-o...

I think most of you already know that you could still get to the video you want to watch by scrolling to the right while the first video is playing.   At the beginning of the day it was easy as there are only a few videos.   I just did it to who was at my door.. and I had to scroll thru like 30 videos. 😛  I guess my house was busy today.

texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes. It's a pain when there are a lot of recordings.
sbtyper
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same issue. But mine also crashes when I view a video and scroll to the next it crashes instantly. Where's the QA??
ImaGonnaSki
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same.
ImaGonnaSki
Aspirant
Aspirant
I think it's the android app since my wife's iPhone still works. Although I didn't compare the versions, so I guess it's possible I got a bad upgrade and she didn't.
CDF3
Tutor
Tutor

I've been going back and forth with Tech Support overnight.

Hopefully it's fixed now, so they say.  I have 2 videos that were recorded this morning at 6 and 7 AM, and they're playing correctly. Earlier videos from this morning around 1 AM are still not playing correctly.  I assume they fixed it sometime between 1AM and 6AM.

So far all new recordings are playing back correctly.  Unfortunately, the rest of my prior video Library is still out of whack.

I'll be checking to see if all new recordings are playing back in sync going forward. 

JohnnyFRX
Luminary
Luminary

I'm still showing the same symptoms here in DC Metro area as of 8AM EST. If they have made changes it may take time to propagate. I'll test and post any goodness here when I have some. Hope you all have a good weekend and a GREAT Christmas/Hanukkah/Festivus/<insert YOUR Holiday here>!!

Chmura
Tutor
Tutor

I've been having the same issue. No matter which thumbnail I choose from any day it will always display the first video of the day. When I scroll to the left/right the app always crashes which has been happening for a while. Running Android 7.0 on Nexus 6p with the latest update of the Arlo app. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, didn't help.

Garethdphillips
Guide
Guide
Another "same here". Removed the app, re-installed, still the same. Bug seems to have been introduced in the past 48 hours
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Anyone open a case to alert support?