Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Android Notification Issues (Galaxy S7)

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
secue18
Initiate
Initiate

What's up with notifications for android?  I was able to deal with the double notifications when those started but now push notifications no longer have a picture preview and the LED seems to no longer work.  Not to mention the occasional notification that shows up 10 minutes after motion is detected.  Extremely disappointing especially when it started after investing in a second camera and Arlo Smart.  

I've scoured these forums and looks like to be a systemic issue but only for some.  Also seems some have had success with fixes (restart base station, uninstall and reinstall app, etc).  I've tried everything I've read and really hoping I'm missing something.

Seems to only be an android issue as well.  There is also an iphone on my account that still receives a single notification, quickly delivered with a picture preview whenever motion is detected.

Please help!

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I use an S7 Edge and have no problems with the notifications so I'm not sure it's the app. If you're at your wit's end, you could remove the cameras from your app. Then remove the base station. Then do a factory reset of the base with the button on the back using a paper clip etc. Then wait for the base to restart and re-add the base, then re-sync the cameras. See how you get on with that

secue18
Initiate
Initiate

Figured it out and welp I feel dumb haha.  Replying though as I've seen others having a similar issue and their fix may be just as simple.  The issue for me was having the phone in power saving mode.  Turned it off and smart notifications with pictures and LED returned. 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Great news. Also, make sure you go into the app settings and disable App Optimization for the Arlo app. This will make sure the app isn't put to sleep if you don't open it for 3 days or more

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While you may have really meant 3 days, I think you meant 3 MINUTES. That's my experience, anyways.