Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Android 10 no notifications

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
QuestionGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I upgraded my phone this week from Android 9 to a new device running Android 10. I have since lost all notifications. I have the paid subscription so this includes smart notifications. My system is a mix of Arlo wireless and Arlo Pro 2 cameras.

All other devices including Alexa are still receiving notifications, so this is just my new phone. Rules are correct, notifications are on in the phone, and all other trouble shooting in the Arlo guide are fine.

In fact, I will receive notifications IF the Arlo app is running in the background (not closed). If I swipe to close the app, notifications then end. Background data is enabled on the app.. cellular and wifi all that jazz.

My old phone would still receive notifications while on wifi. I've since removed the app from the old phone and removed it as a trusted device,set new phone as trusted device.. no change.

Thoughts?
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The issue is that you're closing the app out. It must be running in the background for notifications. I just use the home or Back buttons to go back to the home screen.

QuestionGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant
That's not true at all. You have to keep your text application open to receive notifications? An admin should delete that post.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can argue the point all you want. The facts remain the same.

QuestionGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.