Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
RodNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

As you can see from my picture below I have 4 Camera's but 3 instances I have to manage.

I have an Arlo Q, Arlo Q Plus and 2 Wireless Arlo connected via the Netgear router.

To arm and disarm and set geolocation I have to go into each one, rather than just arm the entire house. The Arlo Q seem to be seperate instances. The 2 wireless Arlo's are grouped with the Router at least.

Have I set my house up incorrectly?

Thank you

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope.  The issue is that Q cameras are unto themselves as are cameras on different base stations.  You can't work between them but have to set them individually.

There are already suggestions in the suggestions area about this - add kudos.  Maybe that will change over time.  I have no idea why it's not possible now - seems like it should just be a software issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope.  The issue is that Q cameras are unto themselves as are cameras on different base stations.  You can't work between them but have to set them individually.

There are already suggestions in the suggestions area about this - add kudos.  Maybe that will change over time.  I have no idea why it's not possible now - seems like it should just be a software issue.

RodNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. Good to know. 

Nest does that a lot better. (I'm not using Nest as they don't support my country).