Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Am I asking too much?!

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Matt_C
Guide
Guide

Hi all. Newbie with my brand new triple camera set (VMS3330)! Just trying to familiarise myself with the use of these, and it appears, to me anyway, that I can only select/use one mode at a time be it geofencing or scehduling for instance.

If I want to do the following for example, is it possible..?

Camera 1 - record on motion 24/7

Camera 2 - record on motion when I am away from home 

Camera 3 - record on motion when I am in but only in particular time window

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Matt_C wrote:

Hi all. Newbie with my brand new triple camera set (VMS3330)! Just trying to familiarise myself with the use of these, and it appears, to me anyway, that I can only select/use one mode at a time be it geofencing or scehduling for instance.

As for your question, someone may have a different answer but I don't think you can accomplish the cam1 scenario with the other requirements. You'd need either a second base station or a Q camera to do this since either way would not allow you to tie that camera to the others.  The geofencing option should allow you to configure the other two cameras as you wish, enabling GF only on cam2 and set up a mode/rule for cam3 that can be scheduled.

Does that help?

Matt_C
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the helpful reply. Shame I can't accomplish it, maybe in the future updates...

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Matt_C wrote:

Thanks in advance!

That's a hard one... tho there may be an answer for it still... I don't see it...as mentioned above

But Cam1 and Cam2 is a simple do with manual setting for ARMED

Set up one Mode 1 for cam 1 which you just manually arm and let it run

Mode 2 would include cam 1 and cam 2 which when leaving home, you just toggle from the first running mode over to the second as armed

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------