Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Allow GeoFencing as a choice under Schedule

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
ERoi50
Guide
Guide

I would like to be able to nest modes UNDER schedule. Specifically, GeoFencing. I want the system armed when I go to bed, then go into GeoFencing when I wake up, so it adjusts from Armed to Disarmed if I'm home or not. 

Pro3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ERoi50
Guide
Guide

Nevermind, I figured out how to set this up. Here's how I did it: 

1. Created a custom mode I called "At Home" for how I wanted our cameras to work when I'm at home. 
  2. Edited "Schedule Mode" for a *24 hour plan. Overnight I have it turning to "Armed" mode. During the day, I point the Schedule to my custom mode, "At Home".  *To set a 24 hour plan in Schedule, you have to create at least 3 different sections. Mine was 5:30a-10p (day) 11p-11:59p, 12a-5:29a 
  3. Under GeoFencing:  Go to "Select Mode" section at the bottom. Away Mode is set to "Armed" and Home Mode is set to "Schedule". 

Boom! Now my system never has to be set! Its automatically armed at night and when I'm away from home. Arlo, is there a KB on this? There should be! Use this! In fact, there should be a section for software support. 

Pro3

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ERoi50
Guide
Guide

Nevermind, I figured out how to set this up. Here's how I did it: 

1. Created a custom mode I called "At Home" for how I wanted our cameras to work when I'm at home. 
  2. Edited "Schedule Mode" for a *24 hour plan. Overnight I have it turning to "Armed" mode. During the day, I point the Schedule to my custom mode, "At Home".  *To set a 24 hour plan in Schedule, you have to create at least 3 different sections. Mine was 5:30a-10p (day) 11p-11:59p, 12a-5:29a 
  3. Under GeoFencing:  Go to "Select Mode" section at the bottom. Away Mode is set to "Armed" and Home Mode is set to "Schedule". 

Boom! Now my system never has to be set! Its automatically armed at night and when I'm away from home. Arlo, is there a KB on this? There should be! Use this! In fact, there should be a section for software support. 

Pro3