Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Allmost nothing works:(

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Hessu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have three camera outdoors. Installation is about four weeks ago.And problem is: I try set schedule,not working,cameras always recording. I try turn cameras off,not working.When try turn off,cameras take 9 second videos,and lot of them.I set video lenght 120second and before try turn of works fine. Little disappointment spend 600€ and have this. And last:when going webpage to see videos and controlling cameras you dont see how much you have space left on cloud. I have elite account.System is Arlo Wire-Free. Regards:Heikki

17 REPLIES 17
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Give us a screenshot of your schedule. That may help. Also, some screenshots of your modes and rules may help. It can be a bit of a mindset change to get everything set up but works well once understood.

Hessu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok here come:)Modes.PNG

Hessu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Rules.PNG

Hessu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Schedule.PNG

Hessu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Subscription.PNG

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hang in there - it takes a while for the screenshots to actually show for the rest of us.

Hessu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still hanging?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, didn't check back. I was going to say I was well-hung but I won't. 😛

I don't see the modes you are using in your schedule. I assume the rule you provided is one of them and is operating only one camera but have no idea about the other. Your screenshot shows you were using Disarmed mode which should have turned all cameras off. Are you using that one to test?

For starters, select Disarmed and verify that all the running men on the camera tab are gray. If they're black, something's not right. If gray, try to see if they record. Obviously, they shouldn't. Does that at least work or are you getting videos in the library? 

Hessu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Try different modes,armed,disarmed,motion on and off. Running man is black all modes and take video. All videos show in library.Still cant see cloud storage and how much space is used.Cant set up schedule,when try set times it accept daytime disarmed but cant set night time armed.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

PITA, but I'd trya deactivating the base, factory reset and start all over again.  If the problem still exists, open a trouble ticket for possible RMA.

Hessu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok ill try that tomorrow,now at work:) Schedule is quite important because we have temperature -20 to -30celsius now and saving battery so much as is possible.

Hessu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Last thing what to try:reset base and now what.Base station oll three ligts green and re-sync cameras. When going web portal it says cameras and base is offline.Still cant see cloud storage and how much i have space left.And this all i got only 580€,**bleep**ing cheap. Sorry my language but ill expect maybe too much that price.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you re-add the base back into your account? The reset should have been preceded by deactivation which means you need to do a new system setup using the Add Device button on the cameras tab when you log in.

Hessu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Add device like you say. No cameras found. Your device is offline.Jep,what next? And yes i reg base again.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Trouble ticket time for possible RMA.

Hessu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello for long time,busy at work.This moment situation is:5 camera outdoors and 2 work like should be.All camera have same setup.schedule is ok mon to fri but cant add weekend on/off times. Still cant see cloudspace how much is used. Reset once holething and not like to do it again. Looking more tomorrow. Hope i have working system before summer.

Spoiler

Hessu
Aspirant
Aspirant

schedule solved:When i want weekend armed 11pm-06am i had make 11pm-11,59pm and then 12am-06am separedly. Schedule doesnt understand when day change.Sorry my bad english.