Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
mikedotanderson
Tutor
Tutor

Hi there,

I installed my 5 camera system 2 days ago and everything has been working great.  I got the "Geofence needs an internet connection" error on my Android phone, so I went to check the system and nothing is listed in my Device list.  Just an "Add Device" button.   I have some items in my Library from earlier tonight, so I know the system was working.  

I've cycled the power a few times to no avail.  

Any suggestions on getting them back?  Or do I need to do the whole setup again?  

TIA!

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has identified and deployed a fix to resolve this issue. No updates or changes need to be made to receive the resolution. Please let me know if you continue experiencing this behavior.

JamesC

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Tater7786
Guide
Guide
I'm in the same boat. Everything disappeared and it will not connect or allow me to reset anything. Any suggestions Netgear?
steve_t
Master Master
Master
mikedotanderson
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks Steve.  Any idea why this happened?  

mikedotanderson
Tutor
Tutor

Did the Factory reset and had to re-sync all cameras.   Everything is up and running again.  Hope I don't have to keep doing this... Hope it stays up this time.

Thanks Steve!

steve_t
Master Master
Master

mikedotanderson wrote:

Thanks Steve.  Any idea why this happened?  

I don't sorry. But glad to hear you're up and running again. Hopefully it's just a one off glitch

mikedotanderson
Tutor
Tutor

Just got home and checked my system....  All devices are gone AGAIN!   I had GeoFence on... maybe that is doing something.

Any Help from NetGear would be appreciated!

Tater7786
Guide
Guide
Same thing for me. They were fine 2 hours ago and now gone. I'm not a fan of having to climb on the roof if this keeps happening
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I know when I start my Android app, it initially shows no devices and only the "Add camera" is visible, but about 3 seconds later, my devices list shows the cameras with the preview window showing the last recording. Perhaps it's just taking a longer time to move forwards? Or maybe it's getting stuck at this point? 
Do you also have no devices listed if you log in through the web access?

Tater7786
Guide
Guide
I called customer service and they said we aren't the only ones experiencing this and that their engineers are looking into. This was the third time I have had to sync them. Did I waste money on these because it's been less than a month that I got em?
mikedotanderson
Tutor
Tutor

It shows no devices no matter where I log into...  Phone or Web.   I also called Customer Service.  Got the same story.   Engineers are looking into it.  They had me do another Base Station Reset and I'm suppose to see if it fails again.  Then call them back if it does.   I only sync'd 1 camera this time...  kind of a pain to unmount all 5 cameras to re-sync them.

Might just return mine to Amazon.

Kenh199
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here. Bought mine two days ago and this is the second time that it has happend to me. If this is a regular occurance the system is useless. I cant keep doing a factory reset then climb on th roof to take down all the cameras and sync them again. From the number of complaints im reading it seems that the problem is on Arlos end. Seriously considering sending back for a refund too. Wish I had read the forums first before shelling out $500.00. Arlo needs to rectify this ASAP.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you viewing from the mobile app (iOS, Android)? Do you see the same behavior when viewing from a different device?

JamesC

Tater7786
Guide
Guide
It's the same issue on multiple devices, IOS/Andriod and computer. Did another reset and headed back to the roof
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Before heading to the roof again, keep at least one camera where it's easily accessible.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated this topic for further investigation. Please let me know if you continue to experience this behavior.

JamesC

Kenh199
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James. I did a factory reset and everything came back online. Lasted for 3 days and has happened once again.

mikedotanderson
Tutor
Tutor

I had added only 1 camera back and it ran well for a day.  So I then added the other 4 back on Saturday.   Logged in this morning (Monday) and all devices are gone again.   I did not use GeoFence this time as I though that might be the issue.  It apparently isn't....   About to return my whole system.  This is unacceptable.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has identified and deployed a fix to resolve this issue. No updates or changes need to be made to receive the resolution. Please let me know if you continue experiencing this behavior.

JamesC

Tater7786
Guide
Guide
I am not **bleep**in happy at all. I consider myself as a fairly reasonable person but enough is enough. For yet another time, my cameras and base are gone. This is the fourth time I have had to deal with this. Also, I found out that my lawnmower was gone. Guess what, my camera had not been working the past two days. I call customer support to be told that engineering has fixed the issue. And James not to sound like a smartass, but your comment of "no updates or changes need to be made to receive the resolution" is a false statement. I was told that Arlo and Netgear have no way to readd the cameras through their system, yet they were connected and storing clips, now how is that. It doesn't fix the fact that I have to climb on the damn roof for a fourth time in two weeks to resync this **bleep** again and now I have no proof of who took my lawnmower. $500 of wasted money.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tater7786,

I apologize for any miscommunication. There was no firmware update or any updates that you would have needed to complete to receive the fix. You would have had to add your system back to your account and resync cameras after the fix was implemented though. Did you experience this issue again after I posted that the fix was released?

JamesC