Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Cam245
Initiate
Initiate

I just installed my system yesterday and still learning. When I go to "Settings/Subscription", the Cloud Storage is at "0 MB". I then clicked on the "Delete All Files" button just below the indicator of available size in the cloud and, as expected, all the files in the library have disappeared and the button greyed out.

But I still having 0 MB of storage available in the Cloud and when I try to take a snapshot or capture a clip, I get a message that I exceeded my Cloud storage and that I need either to delete files or subscribe to another plan. I would expect that if all the files are deleted, this will automatically free-up Cloud storage... Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for any help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cam245
Initiate
Initiate

The problem solved by itself and I suspect it was something wrong on the Arlo server side. The system is now working fine but my experience with Support is concerning...

I spent two times 20 minutes on the phone waiting for a support person to be available but never got to talk to one. I then used the e-mail address that is provided on the Customer Support site and I got a case number. And the day after, an e-mail acknowledging that they have received my request for help. Two days later, a generic note saying that Arlo is deploying an update of their system/application and that this might be the problem. And Yesterday I got another note asking me if they can close the case.

Bottom line, if you are looking at Arlo for security purposes and monitor your house and surroundings, I would not recommend it. The system needs to be reliable and the Customer Support quick and efficient. And there is way to go for Arlo to be there.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
EJinCA
Star
Star

I get the same message that my cloud storage is full.  There is nothing there.  Everything is in the recycle bin......  Something is wrong on the Arlo end.

OllyKu
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same issue and no way to contact arlo for help

EJinCA
Star
Star

I have not tried to contact them.  I tested and the system still works - the cameras activate and the images are stored in the empty cloud space.  My problem is I had a clip in the recycle bin that I wished to restore briefly for download and was unable to restore a 10 second video because I received the message that the cloud storage was full.  Until this is fixed - I will not delete anything that I may possibly wish to restore for any possible reason.  Making a point to download before I delete to recycle bin.  Hope that they fix this - very irritating. 

kevjnt
Initiate
Initiate

So, this system is not viable until this storage problem is resolved. I have the same issue and cannot use the system at present. come on Netgear get this fixed else you will see a lot of negative feedback.

Landon5
Tutor
Tutor
I am in the same predicament. I met the 1g storage then deleted all but some my favorites and know it should be plenty available storage now... But it's still showing 0 iCloud available and need to subscribe to a new plan... Is there a way to fix this?
I have a couple videos I want to restore from recycle bin and it will not allow me to bec over storage message still! How do we fix this
jefferyg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem.  No response from  Arlo.    Their telephone support is useless and even more frustrating. I like the system when it works but....!

Sparkyladi
Aspirant
Aspirant

My system is doing the same thing. I talked to support and they are aware of what is going on and are working to fix it. Hope it is soon.

dholiman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same issue as well and reported it to support.  It looks as though the issue is resolved as I am showing 100GB free once again and can restore from the recycle bin as well.  Happy to know it wasn't just me!

Cam245
Initiate
Initiate

The problem solved by itself and I suspect it was something wrong on the Arlo server side. The system is now working fine but my experience with Support is concerning...

I spent two times 20 minutes on the phone waiting for a support person to be available but never got to talk to one. I then used the e-mail address that is provided on the Customer Support site and I got a case number. And the day after, an e-mail acknowledging that they have received my request for help. Two days later, a generic note saying that Arlo is deploying an update of their system/application and that this might be the problem. And Yesterday I got another note asking me if they can close the case.

Bottom line, if you are looking at Arlo for security purposes and monitor your house and surroundings, I would not recommend it. The system needs to be reliable and the Customer Support quick and efficient. And there is way to go for Arlo to be there.