Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera will not detect/record on Motion Detection

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Plzhelp
Luminary
Luminary

The patio camera(29B) in my 4-camera ARLO system, purchased last summer, will no longer record on Motion Detection. All other cameras ARE are recording on Motion Detection.

Two nights ago, the patio camera recorded on Motion Detection, but had a large green horizontal stripe through the middle of the video.  NOW, THE CAMERA WILL NOT RECORD ON MOTION DETECTION, AT ALL.

I can still livestream,snapshot or record on livestream, without a green horizontal stripe on this patio camera.

The red indicator lights DO come on, when you walk right in front of the camera, but do not activate when you walk to the right or left of the camera's center, as they did before. Also, even though the lights come on, there is no video recorded when using Motion Detection (either on the camera view page or in the library).

The Motion Detection icon is black on the camera view screen. The battery icon shows two bands. The WIFI icon also shows two bands.

I have checked: Base station mode:  All Motion On

Motion on Patio Camera (29B) : if motion detected on 29B, record video 29B

Setting on Patio Camera(29B) : night vision on, optimized for video quality and battery life

Is the motion detection sensor in this camera broken?  Please advise on how to proceed.

Plzhelp

P.S. Base station : HW: VMB3010r2     FW version: 1.7.0_4546

Camera (29B):HW: H7                   FW version: 1.2.2688

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you check the sensitivity level settings?   Some of my old rules came over in the new sw with the sense set at default of 80%

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Plzhelp
Luminary
Luminary

Yes I did, Tom...the sensitivity is 80 % with recording time of 60 seconds on all four cameras.

Plzhelp

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Based on your description, I'd say you have a bad camera. I had one go bad a few months ago in a similar way (no green stripe, though). Place a trouble ticket.

Plzhelp
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks for the feedback...can you tell me how to do that?

Plzhelp

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Support link at the top of the page. There's another link there with the various methods to contact support.