Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
sbtyper
Apprentice
Apprentice
My cameras all stopped recording around 3pm today pst is there an issue with the service right now? I don't understand how the cameras all just stopped recording. There are no issues with my Internet connection.

Anybody see having that issue?
15 REPLIES 15
sbtyper
Apprentice
Apprentice
I reset the Base Station and they started working. My point is that why would it all of a sudden stop recording? I couldn't even rebooted it through the app because Restart was grayed out. This is very frustrating.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't have an explanation - a server access issue would seem to be most likely.  Whenever you have issues with one way of accessing Arlo (app or browser), try the other to see if it's common to both or just one.  If you're on your phone don't forget to use the desktop version when using the browser.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sbtyper,

Were you seeing any error messages when this occurred? What was the behavior of the internet LED on the base station prior to the restart?

JamesC

sbtyper
Apprentice
Apprentice

The only error message I was getting is when i tried to stream a single camera. I get a message saying that the camera is not able to stream (not the exact verbiage). It feels like the firmware 'hangs' the base station where it is unable to do anything.  I tried walking by all cameras and they do pick up the motion, but they dont record the motion. I can't figure it out this is not the first time this has happened it randomly stops working. My internet connection was fine during this as I was able to access internet. As soon as I re-started the base station it fixed the issue. But what happens when i am not home I am not able to reboot the base station to fix it. 

sbtyper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Again!!! 2 cameras stop recording since 12pm today. I see the amber man but it does not record the motion. What is going on with Arlo how can we depend on this for security??

It seems like this started happening when the new firmware came out. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sbtyper,

Was this occurring on all cameras? Were you able to fix the issue this time with a base station restart? Please let us know.

JamesC

sbtyper
Apprentice
Apprentice
This occurs on any camera randomly. Sometime it's all cameras sometimes it's just a couple. The basestation restart does resolve it but I'm having to restart the basestation everyday. This is not the solution to this. Is there a way I can downgrade the firmware?
sbtyper
Apprentice
Apprentice
It did it again. 1 camera was out for 6hrs with no way to remote restart base station since it was grayed out on app and website. Netgear what is going on with this?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sbtyper,

I would like to take an opportunity to work with you on this issue and reach out to you in a private message to further assist. I will message you shortly requesting more information.

JamesC

jackolody
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have 5 Arlo cameras. All 5 stopped recording days ago. Wifi is working fine. When I click on "live" the camera gets stuck with the message "Please wait". It is extremely inconvenient to reset all cameras because of their locations. 

manfredz
Hero
Hero

Have you tried rebooting your base station (turning power switch off for a minute, then back on)?

jackolody
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just tried that. Now they are all offline.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

Are all e lights on your base station green?

In modes are you using an armed mode?

polaris1
Aspirant
Aspirant

my single arlo unit has been having this issue for weeks now. Stops recording for hours at a time then comes back online without any intervention from me. I've removed the batteries which seems to "kick start" it but then the issue comes up again, hours or days later.

Tried switchcing modes, created a custom mode but still have the same issue. For a security product this is not acceptable.

Today the last recording was at 1:41pm. Yesterday the last recording was at 8:48pm. On the 8th it recorded at 3:57pm and then nothing until 11:23pm.

My wife wanted to get a 2nd camera but I don't feel comfortable getting another unit that might do the same thing, record sporadically. 

This seems to be a widespreaad issue and no real solution from netgear. Not good.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

polaris1,

What is indicating that there is an issue? Are you seeing any error messages when logging in to the app? What is the LED behavior on the base station when you expect recordings to be produced and they are not?

JamesC