Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
vvhillo
Guide
Guide

Every time my cameras go offline and I tried everything! I tried if there is a difference between outside and inside but NO.

Rebooted the basestation multiple times, readded the cameras, remove batteries and reinsert them etc etc. but nothing seems to work. I have the system since last friday but I am really dissapointed this is ANTI-security. If I cant trust the cameras being online it is pretty useless. I am (I guess) on the latest firmwares of both the basestation and the cameras.

Basestation firmware: 1.3.2261 (hardware VMB3010r2)

Camera firmwares: 1.2.2412 (hardware VMC3030)

If this not get fixed I want to RMA/Refund it.

Thanks,

Victor

26 REPLIES 26
GB
Tutor
Tutor

I have exactly the same issue, and have tried the same steps to try and rectify, however motion on will not activate.

Stopped on April 1 for no known reason and have not been able to get the cameras to record 'on motion' since.

Are returning the kit for a refund.

vvhillo
Guide
Guide

I have had contact with Arlo support and are looking into it. Just now the cameras went offline again...see attached screenshot.

Too bad the product sounded great.

offline.png

laurenc
Luminary
Luminary

Hi @vvhillo,

If you currently have a case open with Support, please continue to work through that Case in order to further troubleshoot your experience and resolve this issue!

Best Regards,

Lauren

Arlo Team

laurenc
Luminary
Luminary

Hi @GB,

Please look for a private message shortly in order to further troubleshoot and determine if a Support case needs to be created.

Best Regards,

Lauren

Arlo Team

odomin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please let me know how it goes.. I had the camara go on/off line several times in a week  and Power cycling the base and the camara seemed to get it back online with solid green lights and medium battery. That is no longer the case. It is not connecting any more.

Regards...

vvhillo
Guide
Guide

It is now online for several weeks. So still working ok.

I think you have te same issue as I had. You have to find a free Wifi 'signal'. Because the wifi spectrum is very crowded you can run into this problem. The basestation is broadcasting on the 2.4 Ghz frequency so what you can do is use a Wifi sniffer tool like this one: http://www.inssider.com/inssider4. You can see all Wifi routers (and the basestation), I had to change my Wifi router port so that the basestation signal was not lost in all the frequencies.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Victor

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You have to find a free Wifi 'signal'. Because the wifi spectrum is very crowded you can run into this problem. The basestation is broadcasting on the 2.4 Ghz frequency so what you can do is use a Wifi sniffer tool  You can see all Wifi routers (and the basestation), I had to change my Wifi router port so that the basestation signal was not lost in all the frequencies.

One thing I've noted is that if the Arlo BASE is near your wifi router, it will take on the same channel # so they don't cause collisions to much ( being that close).

As you get the base further away, it will pick a clearer channel.

Personally , I 'd like to be able to pick my own channel for the base as I know all the wifi channels in use in my area ( wifi scanner tool )... but I also see the logic that Netgear used in their setup ( as many have no clue as to channel use ). Also I'd love to get into the base, but that another story 🙂

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Adrianf
Aspirant
Aspirant
I cannot get my cameras to get back on line I did push the deactivate the seystem then reboot that might have been mistake on my part but how can I fix?
KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Adrianf,

Please consider doing the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Perform a factory reset on your base station. (Pressing the Sync and Reset button until all LED is Amber)
  2. Reconnect your base station to your account.
  3. Powercycle your cameras (Opening the battery compartment door and then closing it)
  4. Sync the cameras one at a time.

I hope the above steps will have your system back online. I'm looking forward to your response and results.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
SCH1970
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've done the same as Adrian F, thimking this would get cameras up and running, but now cannot even retaach cameras to base.... followed above support to avail...... only had the system 2 days, its not looking good for staying

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SCH1970,

If you followed the troubleshooting steps above and removed your base station did you add it back to the account before trying to sync your cameras back up? To check if the base station is added to the account navigate to Settings and you should see the base station serial number above where it says Account Settings. If not, then add the base station back to the account by clicking Subscription and scrolling to the bottom of the page and click Add a Base Station. Once you have added the base station back to the account you should then be able to sync up the cameras. Let me know if this helps!

JamesC

BeaSStMaster
Tutor
Tutor

I am also struggling with this. It's a new system with 4 cameras. I had a difficult time syncing the cameras. The my system was showing that it was not connected to the Internet although the network light was on. I attached to another port and now it's no longer shown online and all 4 cameras are shown but they appear "offline" and there seems to be nothing that I can do to get them bacvk online. A factory reste means that I'll have to go through the pain of syncing cameras again.

It should not be so painful and I'm tempted to take the system back to the retailer unless I can get it stable. I travel a lot and can't waste a lot of time before the 14-day return policy will have expired.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BeaSStMaster,

What color is the internet LED on your base station (second LED from the left)? If it is unlit there could be an issue with the port on the router or the ethernet cable you are using to connect. Try a different ethernet cable and/or router port and please let us know the behavior!

JamesC

BeaSStMaster
Tutor
Tutor
It was lit solid green. No matter. I've returned it to Best Buy. I found it interesting that the product had now been removed from the home automation department shelves.
Benb
Aspirant
Aspirant
That doesn't work. I have done all the above steps exactly and it does not correct the Internet connection issue. Please respond.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Benb,

In order to help we need a couple more pieces of information. What is indicating to you that there is an internet connection issue? Are you have an issue finding the base station during the initial setup? What is the behavior/color of the internet LED on the base station? Are you seeing any error messages?

JamesC

Benb
Aspirant
Aspirant
The Internet led is amber however there is not problem with any other device connecting to the router. Arlo was working fine until last night. Per instructions, I deactivated the base and now I can't detect it to add back.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Benb,

Has anything recently changed on your network that could be keeping Arlo from connecting to the servers? Have you changed any security settings on your router? It may also be helpful to know what ISP you are using.

This article outlines some things to check: My Arlo base station is offline; how can I troubleshoot It?

Consider a two-button factory reset of the base station. This can be done by pressing and holding the sync button along with the red reset button on the back of the base station until all LEDs flash amber. 

Please let us know the results after the factory reset.

JamesC

Benb
Aspirant
Aspirant
No. Nothing has changed. My internet connection with every other device works perfectly. I already did the factory reset twice. Now what else can I do?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Trouble ticket time.  Sounds like the port on the base is faulty.  If you still have return privileges where you bought the system, you could return it for replacement.

Benb
Aspirant
Aspirant
So taking it back to the store is my only option?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No, you can place a trouble ticket as noted above. There's always the chance they can get you going again or send you replacement hardware.

Benb
Aspirant
Aspirant
PROBLEM SOLVED
I began thinking of this base station as a small computer like a raspberry pi.
Here are the steps:
If possible, open arlo app and deactivate base station from your account under settings>subscription>base station>deactivate
Unplug the adapter from the wall
Unplug all cables from the base station except the power cord
Wait one minute
Plug in power adapter and let the system boot until green power light
Use paper clip to press in the reset button while holding sync button at the same time.
Release after all lights blinking amber
Allow system to reboot until power light is green
(As an option you can restart your router with the base station disconnected and wait for it to completely restart and verify internet connection before next step)
Plug in Ethernet cord to router
Plug in Ethernet cord to base station.
Open arlo app while connected to the same router to add new base station under settings>subscription>add base station
Reconnect all cameras individually by pressing sync button on base station then the sync button on the camera (don't hold them down) light on the base station camera icon will blink and the light on the front of the camera will blink blue
This fixed my problem.
I think the step previously left out was to unplug all cords from the base before rebooting/restarting.
Jayt2705
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem here. Have tried the above to no avail. Have gone from very happy to very disappointed in about 12 hrs.