Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
CHRISMAINS
Follower
Follower
Over the past 2 weeks the base station either falls off line, or the cameras stop recording. During the time this happens it appears to drain the batteries excessively. Once I reboot the base station everything comes back online. For a day or two. This has worked flawlessly for a bit over a month.
3 REPLIES 3
DeannS
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning CHRISMAINS,

According to our data center report, you are still experiencing the issue of your Base Station being offline.

I have sent you a Private Message regarding how to move forward with finding a solution.

When you have an opportunity, please send me a message with the information I have requested so we can move forward with resolving this issue.

I appreciate your time and patience and look forward to your response.

Thanks,

DeannS

Arlo Team

Biggerveggies
Aspirant
Aspirant

THIS sounds similar to what just happened to me.  I am guessing the base station lost connectivity/had a temporary fault and somehow that forced all my cameras to drain.  This has been a very expensive hiccup; having to replace 20x A123 batteries at $11 AUD each.  I couldn't figure out what was going on when all my cameras went from ~80% to totally nonresponsive.  I kept assuming it was a syncing issue--- only to realise that ALL had died.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hopefully this was a one time occurance.  You might want to consider rechargeables although your indication that you're in Australia raises the issue of finding reasonably priced rechargeables which has been reported recently.  Search the forums for others (I forget which forum was recently talking about this - try the wireless ones as well as Buying Options and Tips) - others might have started the footwork to get started.