Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alexa Show is not linking with Arlo cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
PJL43
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have four Arlo cameras H6 and H7 connected with an Arlo base station. They work well in the Arlo app and via the Alexa Skill link with  Alexa smart speakers for messages such as motion detected. However, the link to Alexa Show has stopped after satisfactory use for two years. When a camera is called up on the  Alexa Show it states "camera not responding, check internet connection and power to camera". Yet the camera is working fine within the Arlo app and with other Alexa smart speakers.  I have uninstalled all the cameras and base station and then reinstalled. I have factory reset the Alexa Show.  I have replaced the Arlo base station. None of these actions has resolved the issue. Can anyone suggest a solution? Has the Alexa skill been modified recently?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PJL43
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response. Yes,  I spent over an hour in contact with the Amazon technical support investigating whether the Alexa show had a problem including a factory reset and firmware update without resolving my problem. The outstanding questions appear to be whether the Alexa skill software or the Alexa show firmware have been modified. The Alexa show firmware was recently modified to enable the inbuilt camera to be used as a security camera and I wonder if this has affected the Arlo link. Interestingly I have also have two Tapo cameras and they continue to link with the Alexa show without any problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

It does not sounds like it is something to do with the cameras since they are working correctly with the other Alexa devices as well as within the app. It sounds more like odd behavior with the Alexa show itself. Have you tried to troubleshoot the Alexa Show to see if that resolves this behavior?

PJL43
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response. Yes,  I spent over an hour in contact with the Amazon technical support investigating whether the Alexa show had a problem including a factory reset and firmware update without resolving my problem. The outstanding questions appear to be whether the Alexa skill software or the Alexa show firmware have been modified. The Alexa show firmware was recently modified to enable the inbuilt camera to be used as a security camera and I wonder if this has affected the Arlo link. Interestingly I have also have two Tapo cameras and they continue to link with the Alexa show without any problem.