Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Dlearious
Guide
Guide
Hi All,

I've just bought a new Arlo solution with 3 X Arlo HD cams and integrated it with my Alexa system which uses Echo Shows. When I say the command to view any of my cameras with Alexa it just hangs saying "Waiting for Netgear" for about 20 seconds then times out.

I am aware of the workaround to have to say the command twice which does generally work but has anyone got a permanent fix for this yet? Have Netgear addressed this?

Thanks
25 REPLIES 25
Brunojfun
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got the exact same problem, any way to resolve it?

Dlearious
Guide
Guide

I assume not based on Netgear's lack of response on the situation. Shocking support.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo engineering is aware of this issue and is currently working on a resolution. I will post an update when I have more information.

JamesC

VRW
Star
Star
I have the same problem. Initially the 3 cameras connected now they don't. I've tried rediscovering the cams and power cycling the Arlo base ,cams and Alexa... still not working.... I still have time to return the system but would rather not.... any ideas??
Hotsparks
Apprentice
Apprentice

They have been aware of it for some time. 

terpstrarees
Aspirant
Aspirant

is there any news about this problem.

VRW
Star
Star

Unfortunately I have not heard anything concerning this problem 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud update was released late last week that should address this issue. Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC

terpstrarees
Aspirant
Aspirant

i must say, sometimes at once and sometimes directly

Hotsparks
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC it still did it on one of my cameras once. I’ll give it more time before I make an assessment because it did work twice on another camera with no fault while just testing Strange thing is on mine a lot of times when it fails, I am able to hear sound just the picture fails to come up. Let’s keep our fingers crossed. 

Where red did you hear about the cloud upgrade?

Dlearious
Guide
Guide

Still getting the same problem. May be it doesnt fail as much as it did before, I would say success rate first time is about 25% where before it was about 10%

VRW
Star
Star

It seems a little better, but I still have times when Alexa fails to connect with the Netgear cameras.  Might have to try 2 or more times .....  I hope they get this fixed soon.

Dlearious
Guide
Guide

@JamesC - Are there anymore updates yet? It's still not working properly.

diademz
Guide
Guide

still not fixed, YOU GUYS AT NETGEAR AND AMAZON BOTH ABSOLUTELY STINK AND DROPPED THE BALL ON THIS. NEITHER ONE TAKES OWNERSHIP OR ARE SMART ENOUGH TO FIGURE IT OUT. I WONT BUY ANOTHER NETGEAR OR AMAZON ALEXA PRODUCT. BOTH OF YOU ARE COMPLETELY SORRY.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're investigating reports of this issue. I encourage you to reach out to the Arlo Support Team for further investigation and log a case if you are having ongoing issues with your Alexa - Arlo integration

JamesC

Dlearious
Guide
Guide

Hi @JamesC

This forum is the link provided on the Arlo support pages.

This issue has been going on for boths with no progress. 

What is the latest update on this?

Thanks

dgjerni
Initiate
Initiate

I have had the Arlo pro 2 cameras with two base stations and they work fine with the arlo app.  I just got an amazon Show and tried to view the front door camera and I get waiting for netapp for about a second then it fails.  I tried repeating and tried streaming live from my phone first, neither worked I see this was a problem a year ago, is it still not fixed?  This is the main reason I bought a show.

Dlearious
Guide
Guide
It's the main reason I bought it too. It's false advertising as it doesn't work with Alexa as advertised.

Judging by the fact this has been on going for years without progress, it's unlikely Netgear will ever resolve this. My recommendation would be to send them back and look for a different vendor.
Hotsparks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mine does work about half the time on the first try. it will usually work the second time i try it. The error i get is “camera is not responding”. But messes up on the app some times too. This is with an Arlo Pro. Never recall app problems with Arlo HD but i didnt have the Show yet.  Not as dependable as I’d like. And it does not look like they are ever going to fix it. 

dgjerni
Initiate
Initiate

I just got off the phone with echo tech support. All I did was disable and re-enable the arlo skill and mine works now.  I was not expecting it to be that easy.

Hotsparks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just disabling and reenabling skill. Still only works about half the time. Thanks for the suggestion   

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team is investigating this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

diademz
Guide
Guide

anyone who recently bought arlo cameras and amazon products to use their integration will be disappointed. i would return them. or be prepared for "waiting for netgear" or "the camera is not responding" much of the time. netgear says "engineering team is aware of this issue' or "investigating the issue" but NOTHING ever gets fixed. its been like this for a year now and amazon just blows you off. buy google home and maybe even different cameras to integrate. netear and amazons reposnse to this issue is beyond sorry.

Dlearious
Guide
Guide

I'm inclined to agree. 

It can't be that hard right, it works in the App and works 20% on Alexa so it's just a fact of investigating why it fails the other 80% of the time.

Wonder if it's Amazon doing it so people buy the Blink? I wish I had now with this botched integration.