Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

After Naming Base Station During Install Process It Says No Devices Found

Discussion stats
Alex23
Follower
Follower

After i name the base station on install process it says no devices found. Am i missing something? I tries the rest and unplugging everything but still the same. Everything is greens besides last LED

45 REPLIES 45
joskajos
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried this already yesterday but just to be sure I followed your instructions step by step.

On the base, after the reset, 2 lights are green. The third starts flashing green after I push the sync button. On the camera, the light starts blinking blue after I push the camera sync button. This continues for +- 2min and then the camera light blinks amber for 10 sec and then turns off. On the base the third light turns off.
No camera detected! Very disapointing for what I thought was the best security camera solution on the market :-(.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming you didn't hold the base sync button for 2 seconds, it appears that you have a faulty system. Swap at the store if you can or open a case with support here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

joskajos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since I had a hard time accepting that the problem was caused by a faulty system, I decided to do my own analysis.

It took me about an hour to figure out that the only reasonable explanation was an error at the level of the network.

So I switched off my wifi-router (Netgear Orbi) and connected the Arlo base directly to my cable router, I reset the Arlo base station and deleted all devices from the system, I then restarted from scratch and connected all 4 camera's, switched on the wifi-router and - voila - everything worked. 

oilmanisom
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue I have called for support multiple times. all I get back is that this is a known problem.  So now I have a 400$ system that has been sitting on my counter since christmas. This is pathetic. I heard ARLO was a great system but this has been an absolute crap show.

rdhuffman
Initiate
Initiate

Are you serious? I am currently on hold with Arlo support.

Rgpete0997
Aspirant
Aspirant
I finally got a chance to set mines up. I have YouTube and call. I was told a port issue but it isn’t. Came here and other people with the same issue. The cameras are turning blue to say it’s sync, but the station is Amber. On the app, same issue after rename there is no device. What is the issue and how is it being resolved???
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I would try swapping at the store first.
badarip
Aspirant
Aspirant

after reset, power and internet lights are glowing green and cameras light is orange. it is directly showing add new device and when I tried to add base station/cameras, it is showing now divices found.

joskajos
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same problem and decided that it had to be related to the wifi netwerk.

So I changed the WIFI channel on my WIFI router, did a reset of the Arlo and since then everything works like a charm.

njcooldad
Aspirant
Aspirant

njcooldad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having same issue but with Xfinty,   base shows all green lights, cameras sync, but no devices found,

has anyone else have probelms setting up thru Xfinty?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@njcooldad

Have you tried to reboot the base station & check again? At what do you receive the eno devices found message?

Valorie123
Initiate
Initiate
Mine still won’t connect
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Valorie123

Can you provide a little more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing?

tlclimousine
Aspirant
Aspirant
Exactly the same problem here . Will
Return to store and looking fir a different system
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @tlclimousine

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

SEGITECHIT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any Solution ? I am same issue I renamed my base station and cameras were not synced and i deleted base station and tried to add device now It Says No Devices Found.

Please advice.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@SEGITECHIT

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Nflaga
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hopefully this helps the community as i'm sure you have solved your problem by now. I had the exact same issue as most of the people on this board. I went back through the original instructions where it specifically says to hold the camera 1 to 3 feet away when adding a device. I did this and it worked right away after so many frustrating attempts at like 5 feet away. Arlo should also list that in the app as well. Hope that helps.
Branjay
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've tried everything and it will not find my base station!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Branjay