Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

After Naming Base Station During Install Process It Says No Devices Found

Discussion stats
Alex23
Follower
Follower

After i name the base station on install process it says no devices found. Am i missing something? I tries the rest and unplugging everything but still the same. Everything is greens besides last LED

45 REPLIES 45
Gcassody1990
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same exact problem... so disappointed
jburnett369
Aspirant
Aspirant

Jhudd200887
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having same issue
carloapp
Aspirant
Aspirant
andrewguyer
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issue with the model VMS3330W that I just bought. It finds the base, I can name it but it acts like the connection to the server is not working.

texas369
Aspirant
Aspirant

No Arlo Device Found. Checked in the router to make sure connection is found, lables the device in the router, rebooted router all to no avail, so much for a good dark thursday find.

carloapp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think this has to be an issue with netgear.. I tried to setup it up on my laptop, gets stuck in same spot but message says "Arlo is unavailable, try again later".. maybe there is nobody at the helm on thanksgiving at netgear... Is there a number we can call? I coudn't find it anywhere. so dissapointed! Went black friday shopping to get this and it doesn't work.

Ngranoff1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here...
Tsherrow27
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ya I’m pretty mad I went out for Black Friday to get this and I’m having the same issue
Kysecrist
Initiate
Initiate
Just called the support line. They are aware of the issue and will have engineering resolve the issue in the next day or so.
Ibucki74
Initiate
Initiate
A day or so???? Lol. That’s a joke.

Great Black Friday price, guess a day or so is worth a hundred dollars or so in savings. But it’s still ridiculous that the company is “aware” of the issue and can’t fix it.

What the heck could the issue be anyway?
Zavala92
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here man went out on black friday and it wont connect so dissapointed.
carloapp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I know.. how is the response, we are working on it and it can take a day or more to resolve..

Cisco wouldn't have these issues.

Magonzalez
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same issue! This is rather concerning considering the date and purpose of cameras is for security.
Kysecrist
Initiate
Initiate
It’s fixed.
Ngranoff1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well sort of, my base now is setup but the cameras won’t sync😔
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs on the base showing (all of them)? What have you tried? What do you see? Are you on the same network as the router and base?

It may also be that new customers are swamping the servers (it's happened before). Is it still happening?

For syncing, be sure to only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it.

neogeek
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did you all try to change the name when adding the base station? I couldn’t add it until I changed the default name.
doramar
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem here. Been without security for over a week.  Still can't fix. Too many problems with this system.  Red tint, can't log in & now this.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello Everyone,

Are you still experience this issue getting through the instillation process?  

Cmsedlacek07
Aspirant
Aspirant
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Details. What have you tried? What do you see?

joskajos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Trying to set up the system. Arlo Pro 2 Base + 4 cameras.

The base system is detected and installs fine. 2 green lights on the base station.

When I try to connect a camera then i get the message "no arlo devices found".

I tried to reset the base and re-installed the app but nothing works.

Should I return the cameras? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove any devices from Settings, My Devices. Hold the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber. After it has rebooted, claim the base again and veirfy that the firmware is up to date. Sync the cameras (you don't need the app to do this) by briefly pressing the base sync button - don't hold it. Press the camera sync button. Any better?