Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 32 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Not sure of my model.

Everytime I try to log-in to my account, I always get the alert that "a new version of Flash Player is available" click here. I click on it says "allow once" - no other option such as always.

When I click on it, it goes back to the log-in page, I log in and everything works ok.

I haven't had this problem in the past. I have the most current version of player installed on my computer (PC).

I'm using Mozilla Firefox as my browser, Win 10.

What do I have to do to eliminate this problem and not have to "update" everytime I try to open my account?

Thankls for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@jguerdat wrote:

Keeping the browser open prevents the need to do this action again until you restart the browser.

Or you login from an app and get automatically get logged out of the browser.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

you can find this info in the help area of FF...

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-options-preferences-and-settings?as=u&utm_source=inprod...

try and read these re settings for flash in FF,

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/flash-blocklists

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/set-adobe-flash-click-play-firefox

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks for your response.

I didn't find any help on any of your links.

I was using MS Edge to access my Arlo acct and even with the updated Flash Player, couldn't get the alert to go away.

So, I decided to use Mozilla Firefox to access my account and that took care of it. Now, when I log-in,, no more alert.

Unfortunately, no way to have a desktop icon. Have to "bookmark" the page. Oh well, life goes on.

Thanks for your help.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

try to copy book mark, and then paste it on your main screen as shortcut

Morse is faster than texting!
Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Thjanks for the suggestion.

Nothing works. Tried the copy url but when I click to paste, the past/paste link are greyed-out.

Copied and saved to desktop but when I click on it all that shows up are security files.

Tried moving the link to desktop but when I click on it, Arlo opens with MS Edge.

I could make Mozilla Firefox my default browser, I guess, but not sure that would solve anything. In addition, it would create some confusion for my wife. She uses MS Edge to acess her FB account and if I change my browser to Firefox, she would then have to log me out and log herself in when she clicked on the Firefox icon in the task bar. Not worth the trouble.

I'm stuck with saving the link as a bookmark. No way to get a desktop icon.

Appreciate your help/interest.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Khone wrote:

I was using MS Edge to access my Arlo acct and even with the updated Flash Player, couldn't get the alert to go away.

I have tried most common browsers to get at Arlo. They all have their quirks.

Firefox will not stream the 4k videos that come with an Ultra system, but you can kill the flash warning.

Edge will play 4k but always gives the flash warning.

Like you, I have looked long and hard for ways to kill the flash warning. No luck so far.

Arlo does not seem to like browsers.  All the effort goes into apps.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks michaelkenward for your response.

I'm in the same boat as you. So, to just eliminate the alert, I will be using Firefox to access my Arlo account. I'm not worried about the 4K, don't have a need for it. 

I just leave my account on an open tab because there is no way to create a desktop shortcut.

Have a great Father's Day.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Edge and Chrome just need you to click on the link in the Flash warning banner and then choose to allow Flash to run on the page. Keeping the browser open prevents the need to do this action again until you restart the browser.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@jguerdat wrote:

Keeping the browser open prevents the need to do this action again until you restart the browser.

Or you login from an app and get automatically get logged out of the browser.

Just another user
Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Subject: Re: Adobe Flash player (Arlo Communities Subscription Update)
You are right. I figured that out by through all the times I tried to get it to stop.
That's why I'm using Firefox and just leaving that tab open.
Thanks for your help.

Ingrid_Aussie1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue with constant flash player requests when logging in and then it goes back to log in again. Since I have aHP PC desktop with windows 7 and just downloaded Windows 10, use Avast browser and an Arlo Android app on my Samsung S10+,  it is some kind of fluke in the Arlo as I see a variety of answers on here. This is the best monitoring system I found to be functional and user friendly except for this one anoying problem.

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

I also am using an HP desktop and Win 10.

I solved that problem by using Mozilla Firefox, using that browser to log-in and then leaving that tab open. Anytime I want to log-in, I click on the tab and log-in. My log-in info is saved by Edge and is automatically entered when I click on the Arlo tab.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I do the same thing with Chrome. As long as it isn't restarted, you don't have to enable Flash again.

GreySoul
Initiate
Initiate

It's 2019, and Arlo is owned by one of the largest IoT companies in the world (NetGear). Mozilla, Chrome, Microsoft, Intel, Apple, and pretty much every other major vendor in the world has agreed that Flash must die.  Adobe agrees, they will no longer distribute or support flash by next year. 

Mozilla (Firefox) and Google (YouTube, Chrome) no longer support Flash by default, you have to agree to manually install the plug in. 

Why is Arlo still using Flash? 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@GreySoul wrote:

It's 2019, and Arlo is owned by one of the largest IoT companies in the world (NetGear).

No.

You must have missed the IPO. A year or so ago.

Just another user
FlSax
Tutor
Tutor

Note to the ARLO software display development staff – Adobe Flash Player is being discontinued by Google Chrome in Jan 20, and it is reported same for Firefox, already MS edge has deleted it for security reasons and copy infringements.

Solution – update the ARLO software so we (yes, all accounts) do not need Flash at all, there are many other display options which are better and more secure!

Seems this issue is a thorn for many of us users who don’t stay logged in 24/7.  Borrowing a phrase from NIKE, just do it… fix the software soon.

Fl Sax

Bacon_McLemons
Initiate
Initiate

I'm a software developer with 10 years expierence. Stop using Flash!!! There are alot of security flaws. 

#security #web #privacy 

REF: https://www.comparitech.com/blog/information-security/flash-vulnerabilities-security/

Notrab
Apprentice
Apprentice

Chrome is now getting rid of flash for good. Mozilla and IE are not far behind.

When will Arlo wise up and stop using this? Additionally, Adobe will cease updating it next year.

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks Bacon_McLemons for that info.

If Flash Player is the only thing ARLO uses, if I uninstall it, what would I use to view my videos?

chicagoguy1984
Initiate
Initiate

STOP USING FLASH!!!! -   I came here looking for the same answer?  why in the world is NetGear still using FLASH?  we simply dont put it on any computers in work.  Its ANCIENT, adobe is killing FLASH slowly ... in insecure, you are also using HTML5ish feeds on the iPhone / IOS apps.  (since no flash is allowed on apple devices) please move away from using FLASH

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Hello Chicagoguy1984.

Everyone is saying stop using Flash Player.

FYI to everyone. I do NOT use my phone for ARLO, only my desktop. I don't see the logic to anyone's suggestion if Netgear has not. will not provide an alternative.

I would gladly stop using Flash Player if ANYONE can give me an alternative to use to view my videos on my desktop.

Until then, I will continue to use FP to view my videos on my desktop because it is necessary to use other links.