Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
danb01
Guide
Guide
I had my wife as an additional user with full admin rights but now she cannot set the mode for the cameras. The option never shows up at the bottom. Super inconvenient. This is only one of the issues since the update a week or so ago.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
danb01
Guide
Guide
Sorry it took so long for me to get back but we got it. There was an issue with her not being able to login with her credentials between the app and website. I just had her reset her password and re downloaded the app.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

danb01 wrote:
I had my wife as an additional user with full admin rights but now she cannot set the mode for the cameras. The option never shows up at the bottom. Super inconvenient. This is only one of the issues since the update a week or so ago.

What do you mean by "at the bottom"? Modes are selected not from the bottom.

Once on the Mode page, she should be able to select the desired Mode, there are radio buttons for each one of them. Below is my Mode page for comparison. What do you have?

If you're only using the app, try logging in via a browser to arlo.netgear.com. Any difference?

Arlo Modes.png

danb01
Guide
Guide
In the app, you have four options at the bottom: Camera, Library, Mode, and Settings. She only has three. I am the owner and added her as a user with admin rights. She was able to see all four options until recently.
danb01
Guide
Guide
I don't know about online. She will never use that platform. I hardly use it. Both of us use the app daily.
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

danb01 wrote:

I am the owner and added her as a user with admin rights. She was able to see all four options until recently.

Is this iOS? Try terminating the app and restarting it, possibly uninstalling and reinstalling the app. What OS version does the device have? The latest?

danb01 wrote:
I don't know about online. She will never use that platform. I hardly use it. Both of us use the app daily.

I only suggested this to test to determine if the issue was account-related or app-related. If all four tabs would show when logging in through the browser, it is likely the issue is app-related.

danb01
Guide
Guide
I have had her just sign in under my account for now. I took her off as a user and re added her but it is now giving her issues logging in.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

danb01,

What issue is she having logging in. Does she get an error message?

JamesC

danb01
Guide
Guide
Sorry it took so long for me to get back but we got it. There was an issue with her not being able to login with her credentials between the app and website. I just had her reset her password and re downloaded the app.