Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Admin Rights

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cmain38
Follower
Follower

I work in an organization where we use cameras for security.  The admin used to be my supervisor and I had access under him to our cameras.  Now he is no longer with my unit and for some reason I cannot view the library or any saved videos.   I can still view the live feed but need full access to monitor on going events without having to pull the onboard sd card.  I have reached out to the previous administrator to see if I can get his credentials to make the various changes but still feel I will need help.  I need to be the administrator at this point and I am not sure how that is accomplished.  That would at least give me the ability to get cloud storage if necessary for the cameras that we already have.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The previous owner would need to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and a new account (preferably one that could be easily transferred to new personnel) would set up the system as new. This happens time and again without thought as to people moving on so a generic account, owned by nobody, would be a preferable choice for the new account. When people move on, a simple password change would be all that's needed.