Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Adding to existing set up Pro2

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
WeeBob
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I've got an extensive property with good WiFi coverage (7 Google mesh ) and 2 Arlo Pro 2 cameras. I want to add 2 or 3 additional cameras in areas that are out of range of the base station (but not the nearest WiFi mesh router). If I install a new Arlo base station to the nearest mesh router and pair the cameras to that will that a) work will - or does it need to be connected to the main router? and b) it link to the same account or will I end up with 2 accounts?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@WeeBob wrote:

If I install a new Arlo base station to the nearest mesh router and pair the cameras to that will that a) work 

Yes.  FWIW, I have two base stations, and one is connected via ethernet to one of my Orbi satellites.

@WeeBob wrote:

If I install a new Arlo base station to the nearest mesh router and pair the cameras to that will  b) it link to the same account or will I end up with 2 accounts?

Yes, you can add the new base and cameras to the same account.

Though you didn't ask - the newer cameras (Ultra, Pro 3/Pro 4, Essential) all require a paid subscription to get any cloud storage.  The older cameras (Pro, Pro 2) have 7 day cloud storage - but there is a limit to 5 cameras per account.  If you are planning more than 5 of these cameras, you could set up two accounts, and use "friend" access to share them, so they can all be accessed from one account.