Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
hscox030
Follower
Follower

I recently had to get a camera replaced and have added the new camera to my system.  I added my wife to the account (invite) but she wasn't able to see the new camera and the old camera still showed under her account.  The only thing i could think of doing was remove her and invite her again but she already has an account and all the invite really does is tell her to create an account and download the app.  On my app her status still shows as pending.  I have looked under her account but there is no where I can find to delete her account.  How can I get my wife's email added back to be able to view our cameras again.

I do not know why Netgear is making this process so difficult and why I cannot delete her online account.  Any help would be appreciated.

Sean

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

hscox030,

I apologize for the frustration. Clicking delete on her e-mail should solve the issue of the old camera showing up. That will break the link between her account and the account in which the old camera resides. You should then resend the friend invite, sharing the appropriate camera. It is important once the confirmation e-mail is received to click the link that says "Create my own Arlo Account" and log in on the page that follows. Even though she already has an existing account, this link, once clicked and logged in, is what send's the confirmation to the parent account allowing the link between the two accounts to be established. We are currently looking in to an issue involving the mobile app, please use the web client to accept the confirmation and log in using the friend account.

I apologize for any frustration this may have caused. Please let me know if you are able to resolve the issue!.

JamesC

TheFiddler
Guide
Guide
It's nearly 2 years since the date of this post and the same confusion STILL EXISTS! For starters, assuming I will be able to follow the instruction and be able to add my friends invite to my current account's list of cams, ALL NETGEARS NEEDS TO DO IS TO CHANGE THE WORDING and add "or your exiting Arlo account" when broached with the invite.