Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Setting up a second system at a new location

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
eawoodjr
Follower
Follower

How do I set up a second system with same email address for a home in PA when I have an operational system at a home in TX?

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

eawoodjr wrote:

How do I set up a second system with same email address for a home in PA when I have an operational system at a home in TX?

Buy a second system of cameras and base

Open up your account and ADD DEVICE ,  the base, then sync the cameras to that base...

There is NO limit on the number of bases on any account , service level ONLY controls the number of cameras you can use.

You can set up the second system at home ( I like this as it is easy to test/burn in a couple days ) unplug and move to new location and plug in...

OR set up completely at new location by using your same account

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Greth
Aspirant
Aspirant

If adding a 2nd base and a 2nd location- are they able to arm/ disarm individually by location?

MarkN2016
Apprentice
Apprentice
I just added a 2nd system to a vacation home. After calling tech support, I had to register a 2nd act., using a 2nd email to get it going. Otherwise, the second system was going to be tied to the first with the same mode controlling everything the same way.
kkunzelmann
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just moved my system to a new home.  My home has a netgear box and I plugged the system into it.  Everything is green but I see nothing.  I tried forgetting the system by redoing my email for Arlo and resetting the netgear arlo box.  It has green lights for everything still and I dont see anything with the camera.  It was working fantastic before I moved 😞

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Greth wrote:

If adding a 2nd base and a 2nd location- are they able to arm/ disarm individually by location?

ANy cameras attached to one base will only be configured with others on the same base - you can't span bases.  So, yes, they will be configured by location.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

MarkN2016 wrote:
I just added a 2nd system to a vacation home. After calling tech support, I had to register a 2nd act., using a 2nd email to get it going. Otherwise, the second system was going to be tied to the first with the same mode controlling everything the same way.

I think there was a misunderstanding somplace on either end.  ANy camera on a second base cannot act with cameras on the first - they're separate systems, even if using the same account.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

kkunzelmann wrote:

I just moved my system to a new home.  My home has a netgear box and I plugged the system into it.  Everything is green but I see nothing.  I tried forgetting the system by redoing my email for Arlo and resetting the netgear arlo box.  It has green lights for everything still and I dont see anything with the camera.  It was working fantastic before I moved 😞

Have you tried both the app and a browser?