Adding a second base station

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
BeanoC
Follower
Follower

I need to add a second base station, as well as additional cameras, to my Arlo system. (I have the Elite Plan subscription). Can they only be used as range extenders, or can I place the second base in a different phyisical office? I was thinking I would just buy another "startup" kit, with the base station and 2 cameras.

Can I do that and use it with the same account, off premises, or does it have to be within range of the first base station?

5 REPLIES 5
dtorres30
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, your second (and third!) base station can be in any location and does not have to be within range of the first. Across town, in another state, etc. Totally acceptable.

Just keep in mind when activating the second base station, the device you use to do that will need to be on the same network as that base station. (In other words, you can't set up the other base station in Florida, then go back home to Colorado and activate the FL base station remotely).

Heritage
Tutor
Tutor

1st=connect station to same network as first  (You must have it connected to the same Network to configure)

1.5=log into your arlo account

2nd=Select "Settings" bottom of window   

3rd=Under "Account Settings" select "Subscription"

4th=Upgrade account to elite (about $150 fill out order form)

5th=Under "Base Stations" select "Add a Base Station"

Your almost done rename the base station so you can remeber it and save

6th=unplug it and take it to your second house (Not the same network)

Its mad easy
JLW207
Aspirant
Aspirant

I boughht a 2nd base station and extra camera for a 2nd home.

I already have the 1st on my iphone.

I am unable to get the 2nd base station on the same iphone.

What do I do?

Thanks

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you

1) buy a higher grade plan that supports more than one base?

2) if not, then you must be using a different email and two different accounts without auto log-in

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Heritage
Tutor
Tutor
And set it up on the same network, then once configured take to second home. If your cheap create a second account or if lazy upgrade to elite then confiure it